• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Which is the...

I would say the one I am currently reading, it's vulgar, disgusting,weird,(some good parts) and very confusing. If anyone else wants to tackle it and talk about it with me here's the title:
Beautiful Losers-Leonard Cohen

Masters of Atlantis by Charles Portis. I just didn't understand it and quite frankly I don't feel like giving the book a second try.

A joke book called Feel this Book : an essential guide to self-empowerment , spiritual supremacy, and sexual satisfaction. written buy... Ben Stiller and Janeane Garofalo..... By the time stiller said he had to survive of a ration of chocolate and vicodin in a cave i decided then, that the book need to be set a blaze. there will be pictures oh yes....

A joke book called Feel this Book : an essential guide to self-empowerment , spiritual supremacy, and sexual satisfaction. written buy... Ben Stiller and Janeane Garofalo..... By the time stiller said he had to survive of a ration of chocolate and vicodin in a cave i decided then, that the book need to be set a blaze. there will be pictures oh yes....

:lol:

I've enjoyed several books mentioned here -- especially Minotaur and the two Joe Hill books.

I keep a list, and so far this year I've dumped:

The Last Town on Earth by Thomas Mullen -- interesting premise, wooden dialogue and improbable behavior from the first page

Christine Falls by Benjamin Black -- this one read like a TV movie from the 70's

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer -- IMHO this reads like fanfic

The only book I quit so far this year was "State of Fear" by Michael Crichton. That unearthly, stunningly beautiful woman ... eeeeek ... and I never had such a bad impression of his style of writing.

"The Shack". Started out well and then got preachy, and the ending was uneventful. Don't know why its sold 2m copies. This is NOT a true story as the author would have you believe with his deceptive prologue.

I read of mice and men my freshman year, last year, and I couldn't stand it, the literature was alright, but the concept was pretty boring and ridiculously played out and predictable.

Back