• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who is your favourite author, and why?

Hi,

My favorite author is Arthur Hailey. His novels have always been fast paced right from the beginning. I like his writing style. The sub-plots of in the novel are also very interestingly woven.

MarkCool

Russell Banks

:)

i'm actually friends with russell, as he lives not far from me and we run in some of the same circles. okay, well, i should say he is an 'acquaintance' more than 'friend,' but we've had some fun talks. it's fascinating to get to know an author a little bit, and find out, like in russell's case, he's just a 'dude' too. :)

oh and ed mcbain, based on velocipede's recco, was a great find. and also timothy james brearton's novel 'rehabilitation' was fantastic (though i found a couple of typos - i guess he is self-published, or very indie-published?)

i'm actually friends with russell, as he lives not far from me and we run in some of the same circles. okay, well, i should say he is an 'acquaintance' more than 'friend,' but we've had some fun talks. it's fascinating to get to know an author a little bit, and find out, like in russell's case, he's just a 'dude' too. :)

Really? That's wild. I envy being able to just sit around and talk to him.

My favorite author is chetan bhagat.I have read five point someone Book which was a ultimate book to learn something related to your struggle life.
In younger life there are many turn will come.we will face that and some time we fail.
So after reading it I found it is good.

Stieg Larsson - reason: he was a journalist so he learned how to write long before he started writing books. And since the main character in his books are a journalist he does a good job in making (at least his first book in the millenium triology - reading the second one right now - amazing book) the book authentic.

My favorite author currently is Michael Connelly because I love every single novel in his Harry Bosch series; I just can't seem to get enough of it. In addition, I also really enjoy Dean Koontz's work. I just finished up Relentless and found it really enjoyable.

Clive Cussler has got some good reads, but I don't know if I'd consider him one of my absolute favorites. There's also Kyle Mills, I loved The Second Horseman, and I think Jedediah Berry's The Manual of Detection was an amazing book as well.

Harlan Coben. Twists and turns. The element of surprise. Great sense of humour. Myron Bolitar - a beautiful protagonist. Period.

One of my favorite authors is John Maxwell. He mainly writes about leadership. The reason why i like his books is he not only explain the concept of being influential leader, he also teaches what you need to do to be a leader.

My favorite author is AstroNutrition , why because last year I used to be very big, fat they say, until Angelica gave me this wonderful book , The title of the book is
Essential Weight Loss Handbook , now thanks to my friend and to the author, I am now slowly losing pounds and inches in my body , proper discipline and step by step routine instructions from the book, now I am getting some attentions from the guys

Back