• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who is your favourite author, and why?

One of my favourites is Linwood Barclay, but there are so many more. I mostly read thrillers and mysteries and there are a lot of good authors. Also have been reading some of Phillip Margolin's books, good legal suspense and I like that.

I have read too many books to have a favourite.
I suspect regular readers would all have the same quandry.
I have read Barclay, but aftyer a while he is pretty formulaic.

I think Michael Moorcock is the one for me! I guess I just love his writing and his way of building the characters. As I am trying to read books in English now I guess that I'll begin by re-reading his books! Best author ever! :buttrock

I like the john Sanford prey novels. My only gripe being they all have prey in the title and sometimes I forget. which ones I've read.

J.R.R. Tolkien would be my favorite for fiction.
I can re-read his work and still discover new bits and pieces.
Andy

Gary Paulsen Hands down for me Brians Saga is the only Series I re-read on an annual basis.

Next it would be Cassandra Clare.

I read Clockwork Angel fell in love blew through Clockwork Prince and Princess working on the Bane Chronicles (finding time to read while working 12 hr days 7 days a week is not easy) while im trying to find City of Bones in a specific cover art in hard back. Then ill start that and work my way into The Dark Artifacts Series.

I truly and absolutely enjoy reading Zadie Smith. I find her painting visual imagination for me like noone is quite able to

I do have a few authors whose works i absolutely adore
Amitav Ghosh ( an Indian author with some of the best works i have read )
Sylvia Plath ( I personally love her works)
Mo xiang tong xui (A Chinese author Again has some amazing novel. I have read her translated versions. Her works are more fantasy based.)

Back