• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Why do boys hate reading?

I for one hated to read when I was a kid. I always had to be on the move. Baseball, football, hockey. . . anything just so long as I was moving. The need to move around all the time seemed to bleed away with age.

My husband doesn't read. A few days ago his flight to Colorado got canceled and he had to wait at the airport for about 5 hours. After his third call that he is bored I told him to go into the bookstore to buy a book. He declined. In the end he went and bought a PC magazine which lasted for about an hour until I got the next call.

I can't explain why that is but I would love to see him reading some day.

Readings ridiculous. I just estimate average time it takes the normal reader to go through one page. Then i stare at the page for that amount of time then turn..Dont even look at the words really just focus on one point. I had to stare at war and peace for like a week.Maybe one day ill learn to read...:sad:.......:confused::banghead6mx:

My husband doesn't read. A few days ago his flight to Colorado got canceled and he had to wait at the airport for about 5 hours. After his third call that he is bored I told him to go into the bookstore to buy a book. He declined. In the end he went and bought a PC magazine which lasted for about an hour until I got the next call.

I can't explain why that is but I would love to see him reading some day.

Mying too,anything with pc programs, carpentry,etc but not books.

I started young with my son and even though now he has other passtimes(girlfriend), he loves reading.

I always loved reading... just not so much when I was younger and HAD to read. About 2 summers ago, I got a job and had some cash of my own and just went crazy, went through about 15 books before school started.

The addiction has resumed, and is healthy today :)

My father and brothers are all readers. Both my brothers loved to run around and play outside as boys. But they both also loved to come in after playing and stick their nose in a book. All of my nephews are readers too, as is my son (And they are all very active young men.)

My husband and one of his brothers are readers.

One of my sisters and I are readers. Two of my sisters don't read much. All, except one, of my nieces are readers.

My mom is a bookworm.

I'm not sure where these studies are conducted, but I don't see it.

I see as many men in bookstores as I do women. I see as many boys and young men reading as girls.

This is my opinion. i am almost 14 years old and i am off school for the 6 weeks holidays. I have started reading books alot more than i used to. i always got average grades in english. One day my mum bought me a book about sunderland fc (my football team) and i enjoyed it. It was only after this that i realised that reading could be fun and i started reading more and more. i noticed that the more i read, my english grades started slowly getting better and last year i had to go to a meeting with my english teacher and my mum. She said that i was gifted and that i will be moved up to the highest class. I dont think im gifted, but i think that reading books has certanly helped me, and before i read the football book, i dident like reading at all. i dont like the books we read in school, but i read them anway and try my best so that i can get better grades. back onto the topic, most people in my clas read, and the person that always gets the highest grades is a boy, but overall there are more girls in the class. The class is of 22 people, and eight are boys and the other 14 are girls. I still go out with my friends alot and i also play for a football team, but sometimes when i cant be bothered to go out, i just pick up a book and read, and sometimes i will just lie there reading for ages and lose track of time.

Back