• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Will you vote this year?

Kaz

I am interesting to see your comments. Will you vote this year? I think I may not. Cos all the politicals are same. There are small progress recently. They are concentrate on war all the time. There are waste of money on war.There are that I feel they should concentrate to improve NHS, Education and jobs etc. What do you think?

I just dont think i'll be able to summon enough will to drag myself down the road to the polling station, so i doubt i'll vote this year.

Whoever is in power will manage to cock up the country anyway, so im not holding my breath :)

Phil

I always vote. I'm appalled at how many people waste their votes. People died so that I could have the right to vote, it would be a bit pathetic to sit at home and complain about the government without ever have tried to do a damn thing to change it.

Imagine if all the people who say they think that it's pointless to vote got off their arses and voted for parties other than Labour and the Tories. It would make a huge difference. We are not a two party state.

If a law was passed tomorrow that took away your vote because of the colour of your eyes, or because you didn't earn enough money, you'd be pretty pissed off. We take it for granted because we didn't have to fight for it, but right now in other countries there are people fighting and dying for that self same right. It really isn't that much effort is it? If you can't be bothered to go to a polling station then register for a postal vote. But don't grumble that it doesn't make any difference if you can't even be bothered to try to make it make a difference.

You have access to the internet or you wouldn't be here. Every party has their manifesto online for you to read. Do you not think that the governance of the country you live in is worth the few minutes of your time that it would take to read them?

Nope not really! Ive never cared at all for politics, and no i really dont believe it would make a difference if i voted for Labour, Tories or any one else.

I may vote, i have before, but it will depend on what im doing that day, and i will probably be working so i doubt i'll have the time :)

No offense, but its not a requirement of law to vote, so why should i have to?

Long live Voter Apathy! :D

Phil

I'm with Litany on this one. I also vote because it is a freedom for which many people gave their lives, and I feel its my duty to honor them by casting my vote. I also feel its important to show my opinion, even if I do feel that politics never change. I'm always disappointed to see so many of my generation take their vote for granted by sitting at home.

phil_t said:
No offense, but its not a requirement of law to vote, so why should i have to?
Because the government we have was one delivered up to us by that very same voter apathy.

We could all vote Natural Law. Then we'd be too busy practicing transcendental yoga to fight unnecessary laws. Or we could all vote for the BNP and be living in a delightful Nazi state.

And polling stations are open early and they stay open late, so the not having time excuse really doesn't work. And a postal vote can be sent off before election day. You can even apply online.

http://www.postalvotes.co.uk

Everything about your life is politics, whether you care for politics or not. How much you get paid is politics. How much you pay in taxes is politics. How safe you are on the streets is politics. Whether or not your rubbish gets taken away is politics. How much beer costs is politics.

Interesting comment, Litany. I love to vote but recently everything seems not right, there are too many issues on wars, lot of people want to see them spend time with Britain, not abroad especially wars and Terroriots. I feel they are more involve with different countries, exchange lots of money. I thought there are waiting lists in hospital to need reduce, some of school loses staff, and poverty and criminals needs cut down etc. Why they should concentrate on our Britain? Too many issues to sort out.

Litany said:
And polling stations are open early and they stay open late, so the not having time excuse really doesn't work. And a postal vote can be sent off before election day. You can even apply online.

http://www.postalvotes.co.uk

I have add it in my favourite list. I may change my mind or not. Just wait till 9th June, so I'll make up my mind. Thanks. :)

Litany, you are right on the money.

If y'all don't wanna vote, that's your right. But don't sit there and complain about the "government" -- you don't have a leg to stand on since you didn't bother to let your voice be heard where it counts the most.

As the pirate lady says. It's SO important to vote. Everybody sits at home and moans, nothing gets done! As she said, imagine if everybody turns up on polling day and votes? Do not forget, WE have the power.

Anyway, I really not that interested who has power but please PLEASE people! Vote and lets get that snotty nosed smug murdering A-Hold out of goverment. There is BLOOD on your hands Mr Blair. Shame on you.

phil_t said:
I may vote, i have before, but it will depend on what im doing that day, and i will probably be working so i doubt i'll have the time

That's just bollocks. Polling stations are open between 08:00 and 22:00 - plenty of time to drag your ass down there. :p

No, but you dont understand, i'm required to spend at least 12 hours on the internet per day to fulfil my 'piss my Dad off' quota - and that plus work means i cant make it to vote!!

Shame :)

Phil

I might do the postal vote - don't usually bother going to a polling station. I don't mind who wins as long as its not Labour!

phil_t said:
No, but you dont understand, i'm required to spend at least 12 hours on the internet per day to fulfil my 'piss my Dad off' quota - and that plus work means i cant make it to vote!!

Shame :)

Phil

You manage that admirably anyway, whether you use the internet or not :D

vote for the green party and save the environment! watch the day after tomorrow and you'l see the consequences of not voting for the green party! :D

i saw a party political broadcast for this catholic/christian/religious/thingy party! they basically said you'd go to hell if you dont vote for them!

amy :D

Arrggghhh those party political broadcasts really scare me :( Channel 5 banned the BNP one apparantly, thinking it would spur more racial hatred...

Where I live we are postal voting, I got my ballot papers through the other day. Dont be cross, but that's the closest I've ever come to voting - I'm 21 so thats 3 voting-less years for me. To be honest its not necessarily disinterest, is more I don't feel quite fully informed or grown up enough to have an opinion :) Yes I'm very naughty. *scurries off to fill in her ballot papers*

Back