• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Wish List

General interest? MY interests at present has little to do with those Fictions. Diverting my attention to otherthings. well, I think I need to return to it.
That's cryptic. Please explain.

Cheers, Martin :cool:

Martin said:
That's cryptic. Please explain.

Cheers, Martin :cool:

Ummm, :rolleyes: I used to love reading fictions, legends, etc, perhaps this is the general interests most booklovers share, i guess. But suddenly, things changed, pretty much, I think. I cannot bear to let my mind being conquered by others' imagination, thoughts, insights, stories, losing myself when reading, being confused by reality, and the world in the books, etc.etc.etc. Just want to have a change, for my self. So, that's it. :) hope it make some sense?

Something Rotten - Jasper Fforde
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe - Douglas Adams
Blindness - Jose Saramago
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
The Day of the Triffids - John Wyndham
The Facts Speak for Themselves - Brock Cole
Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers - Mary Roach
The Coming Plague: Newly Emerging Diseases in a World Out of Balance - Laurie Garrett

:D :D :D

I have a nice little amazon wish list. I use it to hold ideas mostly but I do plan on buying Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon and the Baroque Cycle. All in hardcover. And I have some music on there I want, too. Gotta wait until I have some money before I can buy any of it... :(

I've read 1984 and Brave New World sometime ago, and they are worth reading.

I base my wish list on a bunch of authors who have a new book out at least once a year. Right now, nothing much is out so I am reading classics.

my books wish list is 285 books long - so i'll just post the ones i want right away. mostly, these are on my "right away" list because i can't believe i haven't read them yet. lol

The Wide Sargasso Sea, Jean Rhys
Tortilla Flat, Steinbeck
Stranger in a Strangle Land, Heinlein
Tess of the D'Ubervilles, Thomas Hardy
The Postman, David Brin
One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch, Solzenitzen
Lucifer's Hammer, Niven & Pournelle
I am Legend, Matheson
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Adams
Doctor Zhivago, Pasternak
The Alchemist, Paul Coelho

I asked my brother's and stuff to send me a few books for Christmas, but I'll buy them if i don't get them

I asked for:

"Soujourn" by RA Salvatore
"The Demon Apostle" by RA Salvatore
"The Demon Awakens" by RA Salvatore
"The Demon Spirit" by RA Salvatore
"Shadow Gate" by Emily Rodda
"Isle of the Dead" by Emily Rodda
"The First King of Shannara" by Terry Brooks
"Blindness" by Jose Saramago

There were a few others I can't remember the titles of.....

Jenem said:
my books wish list is 285 books long - so i'll just post the ones i want right away. mostly, these are on my "right away" list because i can't believe i haven't read them yet. lol

The Wide Sargasso Sea, Jean Rhys
Tortilla Flat, Steinbeck
Stranger in a Strangle Land, Heinlein
Tess of the D'Ubervilles, Thomas Hardy
The Postman, David Brin
One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch, Solzenitzen
Lucifer's Hammer, Niven & Pournelle
I am Legend, Matheson
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Adams
Doctor Zhivago, Pasternak
The Alchemist, Paul Coelho

HEY! Nice to see you back around Jenem :)

Merry Xmas and all that business to you! Oh, and make me a snowman :cool:

Thanks SillyWabbit! I didn't think anyone would notice my absence. Nice to be back. Merry Christmas all that jazz to you as well! I'll be sure to make a snowman with big floppy ears in your honour ;)

Hehe, ok and call him frosty :cool: D I know I am asking a lot but I want you to sing that song also. IF you like you can video it and post it on the forum lol

Nah, I missed you. I liked your posts! Good to see you back again :)

SillyWabbit said:
Hehe, ok and call him frosty :cool: D I know I am asking a lot but I want you to sing that song also. IF you like you can video it and post it on the forum lol

LOL
i would but i dont have a video camera. how about just a photo of me serenadinghim? :D

Was told this is very good :) ...have stuck it on my next to buy list..

The Diving-bell and the Butterfly
~Jean-Dominique Bauby

The diary of Jean-Dominique Baudy, written after the author suffered a massive stroke leaving his left eyelid as the only mobile muscle in his body. Three days after the book's publication, Baudy died. :(

The Diving-bell and the Butterfly
~Jean-Dominique Bauby

To write this book by his only means (blinking his eye) I feel he must want us to read it... I really admire him and am looking forward to reading it.
The reveiws are very good.

Back