• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Wish List

Is it free to use the Amazon wishlist?
I don't know, actually. I think you have to create an account first (which will probably be free). I use Bol.com for my wishlist, because that's the place I order my books from.

Cheers, Martin :cool:

ROBERT RANKIN! More people should know about him! SO Damn funny :) The hollow chocolate bunnies of the Apocalypse is my fave by him! Why, it's as funny as. ( in joke from the book :D )

Have you read anything else by him?

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
Have you read anything else by him?
I have. Read everything by him, only book I don't own is Witches of Chiswick and I will as soon as it's out in paperback. No one can spin a fib like he can.

lol

Yes, I have read pretty much everything by him also! He is more great jokes than you can shake a general electronic mini-gun at :D

He also has some of the BEST book titles every! They came and ate us! and Sex, drugs and sausage rolls! Although that one is one of the few I have not read by him :)

Dance of the voodoo handbag is also a great title and great book!

Regards
SillyWabbit

No, that's why I want one of his books. I would've bought them already, but our local bookstores don't carry them. Therefore, I have to order it and I just haven't gotten a chance to order any new books lately.

Robert Rankin

Yes, I've seen his name around in the bookshops, and I've been meaning to pick him up - but haven't, yet.

So he's really good?

Yeah, Martin, REALLY good! Buy it! He is very very very very funny! You will love him! His style is very much his own. Not like terry ( doug adams rip off ) Pratchett. Well... IMH that is. ANYWAY back to Rankin. His books are very strange and rambling. Give him a try!

Regards
SillyWabbit

Martin said:
.. but what I want to know is, which books are on your wishlist, in your Amazon-cart?
Why do you want to know what's on my wish list? Are you thinking of buying some books and sending them to me as a surprise gift? :D

If so... I don't have an Amazon wish list yet, but I'll get right on it!

phil_t said:
Wabbit, i recognise that quote, wheres it from? :)

Phil
'A tradition, or an old charter, or something' is from just about every book Robert Rankins ever written.

How I love a running gag.

Ahhh, now i recognise it :) I love Robert Rankin!! :D

You cant go wrong with a man who has a strange fascination with Sprouts :p

Phil

phil_t said:
You cant go wrong with a man who has a strange fascination with Sprouts :p
You're not wrong there, Guv. And Penge. Never been there myself. And Mornington Crescent. Though, I grew up in London and must admit I got a bit worried about that as well.

Maybe we should arrange a forum pilgrimage to Brentford. We'll sit on the allotments and drink pints of Large.

Not like terry ( doug adams rip off ) Pratchett.
Amen to that, brotha!

Why do you want to know what's on my wish list? Are you thinking of buying some books and sending them to me as a surprise gift?

If so... I don't have an Amazon wish list yet, but I'll get right on it!
Err .. no.

And you don't have to tell me, you know. Just showing some general interest.

Martin said:
And you don't have to tell me, you know. Just showing some general interest.

General interest? :rolleyes: MY interests at present has little to do with those Fictions. Diverting my attention to otherthings. :eek: well, I think I need to return to it.

My very recent wishing book is the intention of power by wayne dyer, a psychologist.I am always pondering on it before I know for sure that I really WANT it. Not sure I STILL WANT it after a week or so. :)

Back