• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

World Cup: Discussion

France = anti-Brazil

Brazil is out !!! France has done it today, they have sent the Brizilians back to South America.. !!!

As I told my friends, yesterday was the Tango and today is the Samba. Bye bye for both ... :D

Today was an astonishing day for soccer and for the world cup. Although I spent more than 4 hours watching soccer but it never got boring. I can't believe Portugal reached the quarter final and Brazil is out again by France. What a day ...

France played a great game - surprisingly, since they've been fairly crap earlier in the tournament. But they were the best when it counted and Brazil had nothing. A pity, but the best team won.

As for England v Portugal... well, I'm sure the English will find something to blame - Sven, the referee, Rooney, Beckham, Figo, whomever. But IMO Portugal were simply the less bad team in a not-very-good game. When you see Peter Crouch lose an aerial duel against a Portuguese player who is about a foot shorter, it's simply not England's night. As it hasn't been for 40 years...

Looks all set up for Germany v France in the final. Could be interesting. For one thing, there should be enough French there so that the Germans don't get as much of a home advantage as they might have against Portugal or Brazil.

blueboatdriver said:
Official FIFA Man of the Match: Owen Hargreaves.
Owen Hargreaves? I wonder why??
Anyway, I considered he was excellent in that game and had lots of great saves in addition to blocking two shots during the penalties. Although I'm a big fan of Italy and know Buffon really well (Italy's goal keeper) but he's done much better than any goal keeper till now in this world cup and astonishing!! He's the best and definitely the man of the match in my point of view... don't you agree with me Sofia ;) ?

beer good said:
Looks all set up for Germany v France in the final.
Don't be so sure BG, football is the game of suprizes plus I have more faith in Italy and Portugal. I guess the final would be between Italy and France...

Brazil has been shockingly bad during this tournament. And its their biggest stars that have failed the most. Adriano, ronaldo, ronaldinho have all been pretty much invisible in all the matches. Ronaldo scored a few goals, but even my grandmother could score those. No movement at all. There is almost nothing left of the player that won the "worlds best player" award two years in a row. The brazilian defense has been good but thats it, and Brazil isnt exactly known for their defenders. I wonder what their coach was thinking when he put so much faith in players obviously out of form. He had a lot of good players on the bench that showed more than ronaldo and co in the few minutes they got to play.

So, France and Italy have reached the final game of World Cup 2006, who thought of this? Didn't I tell you guys in the voting thread that Italy shall win the cup... hehe. Well, one more win Italy and you'll have the four stars on your shirt. Viva Italia! :D

Here are some photos I liked:

zidanefigo_bong500.jpg

[The Spirit of Soccer]
DelPieroCeleb.jpg

[Del Peiro is the MAN !!! ]

I found an interesting Article Italy World Cup Team Blog:
Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Au Francais

Hot plate, cold plate, whatever! We want it. France 98 & Euro 2000 still burn in our stomachs.

France were lucky to beat a better Portugal squad today. Their luck runs out on Sunday when we turn their team into pate.

Crepes anyone? I’m not touching the frog theme, but I will say, based on trustworthy sources in the northern hinterland, frogs taste more like chicken than do kangaroos. Bon Appetit!

Now for the Italia-haters who will undoubtedly flock to our site: I don’t despise the French team. I nearly named my first son Zinedine (until my wife roused her entire family to throw a coup; we went with “Costantino,” after my grandfather). We would have called him Zizou for short. God’s honest truth. Indeed, I am a huge Zidane fan, and Thierry Henry, well, can you say enough about the man? And yes, I have been pulling for France throughout the tournament…though my ultimate intentions have been admittedly sinister:

Sylvain Wiltord, a/k/a “Seal” = public enemy number one. He scored the tying goal in the never-ending stoppage time of the 2000 final. We haven’t forgotten, Sylvain.

David Trezeguet = instant agita. Let’s hope Canna and company see him on Sunday, but that remains to be seen as he has barely played five minutes the entire tournament. Of course, the suspension of Louis Saha increases the chances.

I never thought I would say this, but “Come on you blues!!!” We’re taking you to the woodshed.

Thank God for France in the final (occasional Henry dives aside). Can you imagine Italy v Portugal? The second the ref starts the game, 22 players fall to the pitch as one man, screaming in pain and calling for free kicks... Christiano Ronaldo should have his inner ears checked, he's obviously unable to stand on two feet inside the penalty box.

france played really well and they earned to win.

I was hoping Portugal will win.

now I really want Italy to win the cup

It was nice to see Ronaldo crying again;).....................I think there're plenty more tears where they came from when he returns to Old Trafford:eek:

blueboatdriver said:
It was nice to see Ronaldo crying again;).....................I think there're plenty more tears where they came from when he returns to Old Trafford:eek:
It seems you wanted Ronaldo to lose badly...hehe. Well, actually in that game, Portugal played much better than France. France had a well organized and defensive team but Portugal showed an amazing game. I felt sorry for Richardo, he was so close on saving that penalty.
It's going to be an interesting game between Germany and Portugal...

Here's a great pic of Cristiano Ronaldo that I found which made me cry (from laughter, that is).

Here he is executing his famous stepovers:

aimg224.imageshack.us_img224_2286_cristianoronaldo0co.gif

ds

Oh well, congrats Italy. Personally I don't think the final should be allowed to be decided on penalties, but...

WHAT THE HELL WAS ZIDANE THINKING?!? What a way to end a career... IDIOT.

Back