• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

World Cup: Discussion

did anyone watch Netherlands Vs. Portugal yesterday!!

the referee got tired of giving yellow and red cards!!! I just can't believe Figo slipped like that and lost his temper. He is usually too patient ..

And Cristiano ronaldo CRIED ! that's not wierd lol I've seen him cry in EURO2004

Can't believe I missed that game after hearing it was so eventful! Lucky for Italy today wasn't it? Missed that as well! Will have to get back into it if matches are going to get a bit more interesting!:p

Italy-Australia was a goddamn disgrace. 10 seconds to go and the ref gives a VERY generous penalty to Italy. Hmmm, both Germany and Italy get ample help from the refs... surely that's a coincidence.

The refs haven't been the best have they? (maybe an understatement!). Would love to have seen Australia get through coz I always like the underdogs showing up the 'better' team!

claire29 said:
The refs haven't been the best have they? (maybe an understatement!). Would love to have seen Australia get through coz I always like the underdogs showing up the 'better' team!

As its a World cup they try to get referees from a large number of countries. Not all the leagues are that professional so the refs can be of questionable quality. But so far i think its been pretty good. Nothing like last world cup where a lot of teams were sent out due to bad referees. If i remember right Italy got 3 good goals ruled out in one match by a bad referee.

I'd like to commend the referee of the Switzerland v Ukraine game for managing to stay awake. Sir, you are a better man than I.

Kenny Shovel:
I'd like to commend the referee of the Switzerland v Ukraine game for managing to stay awake. Sir, you are a better man than I.
:D & those penalties have to be the worst i've ever seen.

I didn't watch yesterday's matches.
I thought they were boring. Kinda waited till Ukrain Vs. Switzerland started thier penalety shots. but got busy watching "My big fat greek wedding" lolz

Hey, look at that, the referee just gave Brazil a goal even though Adriano was offside. It's starting to get pretty obvious that the big nations play by other rules than others.

I think there were two offsides in that Brazillian move:confused: :mad:

If Ghana could have finished even a couple of they're chances it would have been different. They're shooting was abysmal

Germany won Argantine, although the latter deserved it. I don't care much simply because I don't gain anything if anyone has won, I was just cheering for the South American state.

The game wasn't good enough, a bit boring and watching it for 3 hours I feel like I wasted my time...

Any comments?

Gooooo ... Portugal !! :D Sorry for all the English fans, but Portugal played a great game and Richardo was man of the match...

Sofia said:
YES!!!!!!!!!! Portugal defeated England!!!
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulation Sofia and for all the Portuguese. :D :D
Too bad for England ... !

( I hope I won't be kicked out this fourm :rolleyes: ... hehe )

Samerron said:
Congratulation Sofia and for all the Portuguese. :D :D
Too bad for England ... !

( I hope I won't be kicked out this fourm :rolleyes: ... hehe )

Yes, Portugal seemed to behave themselves a lot better than in their previous match. ( How many red & yellow cards was it again?)

Our excuse for not winning is that we had Rooney in the team, he should never have been allowed to play in the World Cup.

If you have a talented player with a hot temper the hot temper will always win, and it did, to our cost.

Back