• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

You know you're addicted to reading when...

Whenever I get a purse it has to have enough room for a decently sized book. I get guys that make fun of me for having a big purse and when they ask what I keep in it I say, 'Books.' I always bring a book with me whenever I go out in case I go somewhere with an extra minute to get some reading in, or if I am going to a restaurant.

I do that same thing, too, only it's usually just the size to fit paperbacks. I buy hardbacks, but not as frequently, and between my wallet, notepad, various pens, and some makeup, I didn't want to feel like I was carting around a suitcase on my shoulder.

Plus, I have a nice pin on my purse that says 'Reading is sexy' One of my friends gave that to me for my birthday, I think he saw me looking at it once haha

Based on that alone, if I saw you in a coffee shop or at Whole Foods, I'd totally hit on you.
naughty.gif

Okay, I must admit that, even though I'm a complete addict, I cannot stand carrying a large purse. The purse I have now is large enough to carry my glasses case (I have to wear shades in the sun or I get horrible headaches), my debit card, cash, a tube of lipstick, a few photos, my cell phone and a pack of smokes. I have a pinched nerve in my back and carrying anything that is weighty for any period of time really puts a strain on it. How do you do it?

Where did you find that "Reading is sexy" pin? I want one!

My oldest dd has one of those "Reading is Sexy" pins...reminds me of my "Besame! Yo hablo Expanol" pins from high school Spanish. Too fun. :)

When you feel like your going to blow up when someone interrupts you reading. Or when you buy enough books to last you a year all in one month.:rolleyes:

Yay library sales! I think I bought about 200 and because I helped clean up afterwards they let me take what I wanted and that was about 400. So if you think about it I bought 600 books with money and labor. Which is enough to last me years because I have no free time anymore.

Yay library sales! I think I bought about 200 and because I helped clean up afterwards they let me take what I wanted and that was about 400. So if you think about it I bought 600 books with money and labor. Which is enough to last me years because I have no free time anymore.

*Jaw drops* How much money do you spend/save:eek: ?! And if they gave you 400 books, what kind of labor did you do:confused: ? 600 books...wow. *Becomes jelous for the books you have :mad:* :)

Well because my library doesn't have sales just to make money but also has them to get rid of books I suppose I spent around $100.00 And the labor consisted of moving all of the books back into storage.

Well because my library doesn't have sales just to make money but also has them to get rid of books I suppose I spent around $100.00 And the labor consisted of moving all of the books back into storage.

you are very very lucky. Unfortunately, the books I want are random obscure french ones that you can't get at library book sales...:(

Well if you can manage to find a flea-market you'd be set. I found one book that is priced at 700.00 US dollars and bought it for 1.00 US dollar. "Fathers Martyrs and Queen of the Holy Rosary" printed in 1884 leatherbound.

Well if you can manage to find a flea-market you'd be set. I found one book that is priced at 700.00 US dollars and bought it for 1.00 US dollar. "Fathers Martyrs and Queen of the Holy Rosary" printed in 1884 leatherbound.

That's a fantastic find!

I would sell it and get some bookcases.

BTW, Nick and Hermione your books will be going out shorty. Thanks for you patience.

Thank you sparkchaser. But quite frankly I wasn't worried too much about it due to other things taking up all time to worry and aside from that even if I never get them ever I still have many more to read. But I refuse to sell my book because I like it due to the level of value it holds and because another being values it I shall hold it dearly.

When you have been a Barnes and Noble member in the NYC store prior to the store braches poping up in every street corner.

I was one of those book members myself (way back): We're talking in the mid 80s.

Back