• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

28 days later

Wabbit

Just watched this movie. I liked it :)

A lot of people said it was really crappy, but I liked it. I liked the desolate shots of London and country side. I thought it had some really poetic images in the movie. I thought it was tense with good action.

Anybody else see it? Like it/hate it?

Regards
SillyWabbit

I like it. I love the beginning, but it did drag a bit in the middle.

I also noticed influences from certain books, specifically "The Day of the Triffids".

Good movie, wouldn't put it that high on my list though. Perhaps top 100.

Yeah, really liked the start of the movie. I thought the bit with the chimp strapped to the table while subjected to violence was a very powerful image.

Regards
SillyWabbit

So good I went to see it twice at the cinema and own it on DVD. I liked that usual zombies are slow and dumb - whereas these ones had a bit of speed and oomph.

Mxx

Yeah, it was a really great twist on zombies. Loved the red eyes and rage fueled movments.

Regards
SillyWabbit

Yeah, I own it on DVD too. I love the scene in the tunnel, tres scary, that!

Cheers, Martin :D

Oh yes, It's a great film! I loved it. Saw it last year some time and would love to get it on DVD.

I reckon it's up there in my top 20 list :)

It didn't really do anything for me. I found it pretty boring to be honest. And they were all complete morons. I mean, how many bridges are there across the Thames, that a London cab driver would take a tunel, knowing full well that the dumb zombies liked the dark? And then it turned into Day of The Triffids with the army camp wanting shag recruits. And then the end where wimpy boy turns into Rambo was completely out of character. I get that we were supposed to see how his rage wasn't so very different from the zobie Rage, but it still sucked.

there are so few decent horror movies nowadays, it's really unfortunate. the whole genre went tumbling downhill in the mid-nineties after the friday the thirteenth and nightmare on elm street films.

i quite enjoyed it, had some good ideas, though it went a bit daft but that is the way of these things. i would have to say that i enjoyed dog soldiers much more - got some good frying pan action!

ksky

bobbyburns said:
cannibal films are better than zombie films anyway ...

That's why Jeepers Creepers was such a terrible let down. If they'd had real human cannibals instead of a stupid chicken it might have been worth watching.

Dog Soldiers was alright. Still a few plot holes that grated, but worth watching.

And watch Audition by Miike Takashi. It starts off as a romantic melodrama and then disintegrates into something that will have you wincing. ;)

Ring was so boring. I spent the whole film waiting for it to get started. Maybe if people hadn't made such a fuss about it maybe I would have found it more entertaining, but I doubt it. It was really dull. I think I might try watching the American version to see if they included some interesting bits.

Back