• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

50 foods you should try in your life time

CDA said:
Can't recall hearing anything about kanga meat being available. If I had, I would have had some in a jiffy.
Kookamoor said:
The colloquial term I'm familiar with is 'roo', said as you would 'lamb' or 'beef' - "I'd like to order the roo burger with salad...". It's somewhat gamey, rather like venison, only more tender. The closest thing I've tried to it is buffalo, but I gotta say the roo was even more tender :).
:eek: :eek: :(
Kanga?! Roo?! And I suppose you'd eat Piglet, too! Keep this thread out of the Children's Book's Forum! Well, I won't be the one to bring Pooh into this discussion, I can tell you that.:rolleyes:

Minniemal said:
Kanga?! Roo?! And I suppose you'd eat Piglet, too! Keep this thread out of the Children's Book's Forum! Well, I won't be the one to bring Pooh into this discussion, I can tell you that.:rolleyes:
Well, there are regular roo culls in Australia because they overpopulate in some regions, and this would otherwise lead to starvation. It's better to eat them than just shoot them... (we need a smacking of the lips emoticon).

Thankfully that wasn't a problem in Hundred Acre Wood :D.

Yup, they are called Balut. I'm working with Filipinos in my project, and we've just been talking about that over lunch today. They were amused that balut was featured in Survivor, because they love it. :)

And yes, frog tastes like chicken. I had them not too long ago, and took a picture of it. This time though, my wife didn't really chop them up, it took a little getting used to as I had to detach the legs myself.

Hmm... reading back that paragraph sounded weird. Well, just know that it wasn't as gruesome as what it may have sounded like.

:D

ds

Minniemal said:

I love dead pig. As long as it's cooked.

I once had turtle soup in Vicksburg, Mississippi. It has a taste somewhat like chili and was very good.

I'm gussing it would be. They would get you for animal cruelty. However, that's jsut a guess. I would like to know for sure.

Back