• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

50 foods you should try in your life time

If you really want to be offended by 'alternative meats' go to PETSorFOOD.com , let me just preface this by saying this site is a joke! The last board I was on people got in an upraor when people thought this was serious.

Sushi! Sushi!

I'd eat it 24/7 if I could afford it.

Sorry for yelling, but I LOVE the stuff.

Y'all can keep the haggis. This is what I call a Dish of Desperation. In the old days, people made it when they had nothing else to eat.

I missed this thread back when it was first started - I thought Kangaroo was readily available in the UK. I heard that during the mad cow thing it was increasing in availability as a 'safe' red meat. No?

Kookamoor said:
I missed this thread back when it was first started - I thought Kangaroo was readily available in the UK. I heard that during the mad cow thing it was increasing in availability as a 'safe' red meat. No?

I never saw it anywhere. Can't recall hearing anything about kanga meat being available. If I had, I would have had some in a jiffy.

CDA said:
I never saw it anywhere. Can't recall hearing anything about kanga meat being available. If I had, I would have had some in a jiffy.
The colloquial term I'm familiar with is 'roo', said as you would 'lamb' or 'beef' - "I'd like to order the roo burger with salad...". It's somewhat gamey, rather like venison, only more tender. The closest thing I've tried to it is buffalo, but I gotta say the roo was even more tender :). All the same, I'm not a fan of that sort of strong taste too frequently.

The Prussian said:
Y'all can keep the haggis. This is what I call a Dish of Desperation. In the old days, people made it when they had nothing else to eat.

Of course. When nobody had anything to eat, they would add spice to some mince and boil it up nicely in a sheep's stomach and eat it with turnips and potatoes. Remind me what you're talking about. And it's bloody lovely, I might add! :mad:

Kookamoor said:
The colloquial term I'm familiar with is 'roo', said as you would 'lamb' or 'beef' - "I'd like to order the roo burger with salad...". It's somewhat gamey, rather like venison, only more tender. The closest thing I've tried to it is buffalo, but I gotta say the roo was even more tender :). All the same, I'm not a fan of that sort of strong taste too frequently.

Sounds quite delish to me! :)

Bison is one of my favorites and is the only red meat that I eat. Seafood now, I can't get enough.

Has anyone tried unhatched dead chicks still in their egg shells? This is some kind of delicacy in the phillipines apparently. I had it and almost vomited.

CDA said:
Has anyone tried unhatched dead chicks still in their egg shells? This is some kind of delicacy in the phillipines apparently. I had it and almost vomited.

Those things have a name (balute????)...they had to quaff them down on Survivor once....they look almost black in color....they look awful.....

Ahhh...here ya go: balut

Maybe best read when food is not on your mind....

Motokid said:
Those things have a name (balute????)...they had to quaff them down on Survivor once....they look almost black in color....they look awful.....

Ahhh...here ya go: balut

Maybe best read when food is not on your mind....

yes. that's it. Just had a look. Oh god. What the hell was I thinking?

The Vietnamese actually prefer to see the baby duck they're eating? How sick is that? I believe on fear factor I saw people eating these things, and they all puked.

How 'bout we try chocolate cheesecake instead?

Back