• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

50 foods you should try in your life time

Oh-kay, then, how about I just buy some beef and sugar and we all walk away intact with no bite marks? Well all except Muffy the moo cow that is.

Poor muffy the moo moo... but she is very tasty :D

Alright... sounds like a plan. I could never stand tofu, anyway.

novella said:
So, with that in mind, my list of mood-altering foods includes:

perfectly ripe unpasteurized Camembert
yellowtail sashimi
perfectly ripe Brandywine tomato fresh off the vine
Stilton--at its best--with a dram of Porto
Iranian Beluga caviar, just as it is

Okay, even though I have no clue what most of this stuff on Novella's list is, (I do like the tomatoes, though!), I have to agree with the logic.

I really think this is a bogus question. The list (much like the 50 greatest Americans) is so dependent on individual opinion.

I may have an eating disorder or something, but I attach a lot of sentiment and nostalgia to food. My top 5 would have to include my grandmother's biscuits, (American biscuits. Not cookies) but only because I have such awesome memories surrounding them. Most would say "biscuits? That's awful blaise...".

But they didn't walk into my grandmother's house after an evening of December sledding and warm their hands next to the oven while the biscuits baked. Nor did they let the singed steam rise into their faces as grandma opened the oven door to take them out. And they didn't let the warm, butter-soaked bread wash over their tongue with a dollup of grape jelly while they sat at the kitchen table and talked with my grandfather (God rest his soul).

Yeah, grandma's biscuits.

Maybe cliche, maybe tame, but definitely in the top 5.

Just so you all know, the Hufu is backordered. I thought about getting some (hey, it's interesting), but looks like it's a no-go.

Stewart said:
If I knew what a boony/boonie was then I'd agree. :(

Boonies are plural. Their's no such thing as a boony (at least not that I know). It means I live in a rural area where my neighbors would never touch a package of mine unless it was getting rain/snowed on (in which case they would take it into their own homes if my door was locked).

I saw that the hufu was backordered and it scared me, how many people want to eat this stuff? and are they just curious or do they have prior cannibal experience?

came in the mail today!!!
tshirt008.jpg
:D :D :D

yes i am very happy with it. nothing like a strange t shirt to draw attention to the girls.

Stewart said:
For those in the UK that are interested, Alternative Meats is now selling wildebeest, wood pigeon, and zebra, amongst other interesting meats. :)

Nothing wrong with a bit of pigeon. Some other tasty dead animals on that there site as well.

Don't try ladybugs. I had one yesterday by mistake and it tasted terrible and then made my tongue numb. It has squirreled its way into a nest of tortilla chips and got smuggled into my mouth by accident.

I had excellent pigeon in England a while back, in a demi-glace and port reduction. They don't sell that kind in the US. And rock doves (US 'pigeons') are NOT pigeons.

Back