• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A Bestseller You Hated

Twilight
Harry Potter
The Stand
It
The Shining
Pride and Prejudice
The Road

Probably more I can't think of.

The Gunslinger by Stephen King. I love King too,but I hated this book. Another is the Twilight and Harry Potter series. Mystic River by Dennis Lehane to;it had way too much back story.

Twilight
Harry Potter
The Stand
It
The Shining
Pride and Prejudice
The Road

Probably more I can't think of.

The Road!?, blasphemy!;) The biggest knock on that one that I hear the most about is his lack of quotation marks, very distracting to some people.

The Road!?, blasphemy!;) The biggest knock on that one that I hear the most about is his lack of quotation marks, very distracting to some people.

That was one of my problems with it. I thought it was a poor imitation of Jose Saramago's style.

I'm not sure if it is a best seller, but I hated the Lovely Bones! I could not finish it. Everybody said it was really good... But I do not think so. Sry fans.

I am in total agreement. What a depressing book! But then I honestly can't think of a book that took place in India that wasn't dark and dreary.

I hated God of small Things, because of lack of conviction in the storyline and the unidimensional portrayal of characters and overemphasis on morality issues. The book failed to evoke any emotions in me, leave alone depressing me.

A single reading of R.K. Narayan's 'Malgudi Days' would surely change your notion about the Indian books being dark and dreary.

Did Dean Koontz have anything that qualified as a bestseller? I've tried so many of his books, & tried to like them, but contrived endings just drive me up a wall. Especially those involving ye olde deus ex machina. Makes me want to find the protagonist and throw him back to the wolves.

That was one of my problems with it. I thought it was a poor imitation of Jose Saramago's style.

Too right. At least in Blindness there is a reason for the lack of punctuation - the author wants the reader to feel almost as blind as the characters. And it works.

As for the bestseller that I've hated, I would have to agree with the Twilight series. I've heard from so many readers how great the series is. First book put me to sleep. Not a big fan of the movies either although the trailer for the 3rd one (I think it's the 3rd) looks promising.

To me the alchemist was my ultimate worst choice ever I mean at first it started off very well but then it went down hell it was just a bad experience. Also I hated the host I couldn't bring my self to finish it cuz it was just ridiculous…

Back