• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A Bestseller You Hated

The Twilight series. The dead horse has now been beaten

Hell House By Richard Matheson. The only thing horrifying was that it was supposed to be good.

Anything by Clive Cussler. How do people read those...?

The Da Vinci Code Another abused, deceased equine.

I got about 35 pages into Farewell to Arms and just couldn't stand it anymore. Doesn't exactly count since I didn't finish it, but I'm sure I would have hated myself for wasting time on it.:lol:

The Partner by John Grisham. I will never read another Grisham book after that worthless collection of paper.

Dan Brown

Yes exactly,it felt like the auther had it already in mind to make it into a movie.it has all the elements but,still I enjoyed the book better.The book sucked however the movie turned out to be a disaster!

Well from current best sellers I hated the Twillight series and very much the pseudo oversimplistic philosophy of Paolo Coehlo.

From classics I hated Jude the Obscure,the Old Man and the Sea and Middlemarch.Though can't say I managed to finish the latter.

I really hated House of Leaves though I wanted to like it. It was supposed to be so "revolutionary" and awesome. I just found it very tedious.

Also, The Host by Stephanie Meyer. I couldn't even finish it (which I rarely ever do. I finish almost every book I start...)

Setting books on fire? Wah?!

Uh, this thread looks familiar. I agree with Sofia's Atonement. Almost anything by Ian McEwen, even.

Disagree with almost everything else.

Twilight. Uh, a few months back I was forbidden to read that series by a real bibliophile, so I'd best not comment. The covers are nice, though.

I haven't read The Road because I hated No Country for Old Men. I don't need to be walked through every single motion a character makes when entering a bathroom. I'm familiar with what goes on in a bathroom...I'd rather know whats going on in the characters head.

Cross Country - James Patterson
Why do I even bother trying to read his books, I've never finished 1.Why is he so popular?Is it possible I can start an anti Patterson club?

re:

"A Wrinkle in Time." Normally, fantasy stories are my favorite, but this did not do anything for me. I wonder if maybe I should re-read it to see if I still feel the same way?

I probably don't like most best sellers. I prefer very long series instead of 300 page puff books or anything that's too artsy fartsy (more poetry than substance). So that pretty much keeps me off the best sellers list.

Back