• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A Song of Ice and Fire Tv Series

I loved the opening sequence. It was very creepy and attention-getting. Everything else, while adequate, didn't quite live up to those first few minutes.

It's ridiculous to renew a series for a second season based upon the pilot episode.

It wasn't a "pilot" necessarily, it was the first episode and followed the book almost to a T. The reaction to it has been huge, even my mom has been itching to see the next episode. The fan base is probably large enough to ensure good ratings.

Ratings wise, it didn't do as well as the Boardwalk Empire premiere, but it did better than the True Blood one.

I'm usually not wrong (actually, I almost always get it wrong), but this time I'm quite wrong. I concede that in my earlier post I was wrong to knock the show, because I have seen a couple of episodes now.

And it is pretty good.

I don't watch TV much nowadays, but this is GRRM, and GRRM gets a little of my time, no matter how busy. I'm glad it didn't suck, and the gratuitous scenes didn't detract too much. Dinklage, as is the character he plays, is awesome.

ds

I'm really starting to like this series now. Episodes 5 and 6 really kicked it up a notch, and I just saw that episode 7 has leaked online and... wow. All that set-up they've been doing is really starting to pay off.

Having read the book now, I can't wait to see more of Tyrion in the show. How many episodes is season one expected to have?

Ah. Well, I guess I could spend that waiting time watching the boxed sets of TV shows I've got lying around. A half dozen shows... at least. But then factor in all that anime I'll be needing to see soon. I'm sure that I can keep myself busy.

Back