• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ahhh some people are so mean!

Catalyst

Ok, i had a share in a horse. It only lasted 3 weeks as he was a brute! He had no ground manners and when we went out for a hack yesterday - me riding a different horse and the owner riding the horse i was sharing - the share horse ended up rearing and bucking and the owner fell off!!
So it was then i decided enough is enough. We just wernt gelling at all. I sent the owner an email this morning saying that i didnt think it was working. She said that she was going to email me and say the same thing. I thought thats great we are thinking the same here.
I then went on to say about payment. We verbally agreed that i woud have him for 6 weeks at £80. I did not sign anything, nor look at any contract. I asked for half my money back, as i shared him for 3 weeks. She refused. There has been a long string of emails and i had to stop myself from replying to her last one as i am going to snap. She is being a right cow! I dont kow what to do. If she refuses to give me the money i cant go up and demand it back. Its only £40 but to me thats a lot of money as i am a student.
I am fuming!!! I will come back later and explain more!!! I need a long walk or a stiff drink!

Sounds like you need to contact a lawyer. If anything else, offer her grass as she's a cow.;) Hope it works out.

A lawyer sounds like a brilliant idea. Whatever your legal grounds in this situation, this person is off base ethically, and if a lawyer can't help, I'd think about a way to warn other potential victims of this person..the more publicity, the better. If this was not an intentional scam, this person is an opportunist and others should be warned away from dealing with her.

Verbal agreement, eh? Good luck. Perhaps investigate the small claims court.

If your laws are anything like ours, that's probably the best..Still, I'd let this person know I plan to let others know of her unethical behavior..our local tv stations like to jump in case like this and try to help people get their money back or at least have some vindication. Of course, if it helps their ratings at the same time, that's just icing, right?:p

Ha ok she was speaking to a mutual friend of ours and said to her that a lawyer cousin of hers said she did not have to give me the money back. But then she said to her that she has deleted her account on a forum we both frequent so she would not receive any abusive pm's!?
Myself and this friend have agreed this lady is just wierd and likes to cause drama. My friend also had a run in with her once.
She is a house wife and gets dropped off at the stables at 8am and picked up later by her husband. Her horses are all she does. She only needed a sharer as i dont hitnk she could afford to keep the horses. So our thinking is that she spent the money i gave her so doesnt have it to give back to me and doesnt want to ask her husband!

Her argument is that she had a contract for me to sign but didnt get round to bringing it to me. This contract went on about no refund if i decide to quit the share. So then it doesnt matter that i didnt sign it as the contract states that therefore it must be binding!?

I think she realised she was wrong as she sent me a text saying she will send me £20, not £40 at the end of the month (when her hubby gets paid no doubt) She said that her husband isnt willing to pay me anything so it is that or nothing. So i just texted back my address (my flat in town that i never sleep in anymore) and might leave it at that.

Im the kind of person that really cant see why people would act like that. She said some really nasty things and i know she is going to spin a story to the other people up at the yard. Im not going back there, but its not nice to think your name is being rubbed in muck and spread around!

Why did you not try the horse before you parted with cash?

It sounds like you were asking for trouble to me.

Always try before you buy.:cool:

I did. But she tacked him up w/o me there. I rode him in an enclosed field, where he is ok to ride but i find that kinda boring. I never rode him out on a hack though. His issues are mainly on the ground. When i first tacked him up myself he was being a right shit but she said, oh he is never usually like this!!! Aye right, my foot he isnt!!

In America we usually chop off the horse's head and put it in the bed with the bad person. At least that's what's usual here.

As far as this supposed contract goes, it could say you had to stand on your head every other Thursday and twice on Sundays, but if you didn't sign it, it doesn't mean a thing.

She probably did spend the money and all that, so if she sends you the £20, and even if she doesn't, you may have to just chalk it up to a life lesson learned and be more careful next time you make a deal with someone you don't know.

What goes around comes around, and she'll get hers one day.

As far as this supposed contract goes, it could say you had to stand on your head every other Thursday and twice on Sundays, but if you didn't sign it, it doesn't mean a thing.

She probably did spend the money and all that, so if she sends you the £20, and even if she doesn't, you may have to just chalk it up to a life lesson learned and be more careful next time you make a deal with someone you don't know.

What goes around comes around, and she'll get hers one day.

Yeah, maybe this nice horsie will buck her off into a ditch full of water:p

(Note: Abc is NOT advocating ill-wishing against one's enemies with this post)

Yeah, maybe this nice horsie will buck her off into a ditch full of water:p

(Note: Abc is NOT advocating ill-wishing against one's enemies with this post)

You did wish ill things on Peder, CDA, not to mention Libra. Oh wait....that was supposed to be confidential.:eek:

Back