• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Another new one!!

jo25

I joined the forum yesterday, so I figured a short introduction would be nice.
I've been looking for a good reading forum for a while, and this one seems really nice (and decently sized). I'm a 25-year old female, living in the Netherlands. The vast majority of books I read are English books, since I believe that the original version is almost always the better one. It's really hard to capture every aspect of a book in a translation.
So, here I am. I hope to see lots of interesting book suggestions and discussions! ;)

Ye be welcome here! there be no dragons, just books! ARRRRRR
character41.gif

Regards
SillyWabbit

welcome aboard...

i'm pretty new myself, but these guys seem alright. except for Silly Wabbit, he stole my wallet.

Hee, wat leuk, een mede-nederlander! (Apologies to all non-Dutch members, which is everyone except me and Jo (and Lies, who's Belgian)).

How very, very cool to have another person on the Boards from holland! In what area do you live, if I may ask?

I see you've met the crazy people already. Don't listen to them. There are actually some sane people on here.

Anyway, welcome to our cosy little corner of the Internet. Grab a chair, have a drink, and enjoy yourself!

And by the way, do not diss the translators, we're only trying to do our best, okay?!

Cheers, Martin :cool:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. Like I said, translating is a hard job and we definitely need translators for all of those people who don't speak english very well. There will be no more dissing! ;)

And as far as meeting the others is concerned, yes, I did meet some of them. Sounds like this forum has some very dangerous places.
Should be interesting! :D

You'll have a blast!

And we even talk about books sometimes!? Imagine that!

And by the way, diss all you want, because after a year and a half in this place I'm used to it!

Martin said:
I see you've met the crazy people already. Don't listen to them. There are actually some sane people on here.

You're not one of them, so there, you crazy person!!! :p

Bobby said:
welcome aboard...

i'm pretty new myself, but these guys seem alright. except for Silly Wabbit, he stole my wallet.

That was Raven! You just can't trust those damn redskin injuns! :eek: He left bunny poop everywhere. He framed me I tells ya. He framed me!

Litany said:
And my honour.

Flee now, wench, while ye still can.

You didn't have any! :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

Wow, I never knew a simple introduction could spin out of control in such a short time span!! I like this place already! :p

Pffft. This is NOTHING :D

I try to keep them all under control but they're are utter lunatics. :(

Regards
SillyWabbit

Wow, I never knew a simple introduction could spin out of control in such a short time span!! I like this place already!
Oh, to be young and naive again!

Yes, I heard you was a cider drinker. You drink it everyday. Woooeeee. Woooaaaaa.

Also, you have a brand new combine harvester.

Regards
SillyWabbit

:D

For me? Thank you! I'll grab my straw hat and pop round. We can go harvest something!

Regards
SillyWabbit

Welcome Jo,
I hope you got all your shots before you landed here. You'll need them.

SillyWabbit said:
That was Raven! You just can't trust those damn redskin injuns! :eek: He left bunny poop everywhere. He framed me I tells ya. He framed me!

That does it Wabbit. My father called me a poop leaver one time. ONE TIME. :mad:

RaVeN

Back