• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Another shooting in american uni

Catalyst

Dont have a link to news yet but why do we keep hearing about this in american schools. Its so sad :( When this happened once in Scotland it was such a shock as it never happens here.
So far 20 seem dead in a uni in virginia.

It's 30 people dead, including the shooter.

Another emo teenager who hated life, lmao.

Just think what a suicid bomber can do; kill over a hundre people in one blast.

Man, I'm waiting for that day. It's not a matter of if, but when. :cool:

Who's problem is this? It's our problem.

It's every teenagers problem. We are killing each other. Why are we doing this? You tell me..

This is very sad. RIP, victims.

Now they're saying it's not only the deadliest school shootout, but the deadliest shootout in U.S history, period.

Did I miss something as I read the new article? I do not see where it says this gunman was a teen.

They don't know apparently. But I think whats worse is that they don't know if he shot himself or if it was the security team. Surely they should know at least that... And what I really dont understand is why it took so long to do anything about the first lot of shootings. There was a two hour gap between the attacks and it was apparently done by the one person. Why if they knew what was going on wasn't the school evacuated in that time? :confused: Did anyone else read the eyewitness accounts too?:

We had a shooter on campus on the first day of campus and now this. We have been under a lot of stress lately, as there have already been several bomb threats over the past few weeks.

You would think that after those the police would be more prepared? Then there were people saying they weren't warned after the first attack...

...police officers with bulletproof vests and machine guns entered her classroom. "They were telling us to put our hands above our head and if we didn't cooperate and put our hands above our heads they would shoot,"

Oh yeh... smart move by the police... :(

This is very sad. RIP, victims.

Now they're saying it's not only the deadliest school shootout, but the deadliest shootout in U.S history, period.

But is it just me, or do you think that this isn't going to be such a media event as Columbine?

Do you think they will ever question gun laws in america. They seem to gloss over the fact that it may help a little if they were tighened. Here when dunblane happened they banned guns outright, straight away. How many times has hits happened yet they do nothing.

The Drudge Report is the best source of news. It refreshes automatically every ten seconds or so-no one's quicker with the news.

Catalyst-I doubt the gun laws will be re-examined. Right or wrong, there are already a ton of laws on the books in every state. I'm already hearing right wing radio guys down playing the shooting by stating that given the number of high schools and colleges, the number of shooting and people killed is still a tiny percentage. These are the same people who 9 times out of 10 are "pro-life.":rolleyes:

Do you think they will ever question gun laws in america. They seem to gloss over the fact that it may help a little if they were tighened. Here when dunblane happened they banned guns outright, straight away. How many times has hits happened yet they do nothing.

1) The guy broke a gun law today (probably more than one). If the current laws were enforced properly, this would not have happened.
2) To take away all guns a portion of the bill of rights in our constitution would have to be repealed, a bad precedent to have.

If fun video games means a school shooting every five years then that's a risk I'm willing to take.

Are you kidding around or something? Would you actually take "fun video games" over 32 innocent lives? 32 broken families? Fucking pathetic.

Uh... that's not a joke. That's a satire--an irony, you know the difference?

You really think games causes people to kill? rofl.

Uh... that's not a joke. That's a satire--an irony, you know the difference?

A satire? Yes, okay then buddy. In case you don't know what the word means, it is the use of sarcasm or ridicule. Now listen, loud and clear: this isn't the damn topic to be satirical in, and anyone with an IQ higher than 75 knows this. Am I to assume you're a dithering twit?

You really think games causes people to kill? rofl.

No, I don't? Where did you pull this allegation out of, your ass?

Your response eyez doesn't surprise me at all. You can be counted on time and again to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. The thing that angers people, that is not appropriate, that demonstrates that you have a poor tact, and that is appreciated on other forums-not here. I love satire as well, though only a cad jokes about something like this. What, did you think of funny things to say when 911 happened?

We all make social errors eyez, it would be nice if you would stop digging and give even a half-hearted recognition as to the lack of sensitivity your post shows.

Perfect. What you read matters, it becomes part of your thought processes, it informs the way you think about everything . . . but those kind of discussions are not really of interest here. Dang, it’s only a book forum. Let’s talk about what some asshole did. Can we relate this to anything we have read? Can we build any kind of community of meaning here? Where IS bobbyburns?

The internet is a wonderful thing...

In 2002 1,830 children and teenagers were murdered with guns, 828 committed suicide with guns, and 167 died in unintentional shootings. A total of 2,893 young people were killed by firearms in the US, one every three hours.

WISQARS, Injury Mortality Reports.

So that's a university campus shooting each and every week of the year. Some great gun laws you have over there. But it's best not to mention that because you don't want to change the constitution because that would be simply awful and a terrible breach of your rights.

Back