• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Anyone into old cars or trucks?

Lovecraftian

I am, big time. I love their simplicity, I love their quality, I love the power of a good old V8.

I’ve had my ’68 Plymouth since 1994 (it’s the car in my avatar, in fact). It’s currently under the knife, getting a complete engine/tranny overhaul.

I’ve also had a bunch of older Bugs, a ’67 Fairlane with a big block, a ’76 Impala, and a ’76 Chevy 4x4 truck.

Most my friends are Mustang lovers. Not for me, but they are better than Camaros. :D

What’s yer poison?

Only God's Chariot.

e30-bmw-m3-001.jpg

Oh, I *love* that Volvo. I'm a pretty wild and crazy guy, but I have a taste for the more simple cars sometimes. That's neat.

Not so much a Beamer fan, but that's a nice one for sure.

I am hunting a new powerplant for my heap now. I finally finished with Turn and Stop. Now it is time for Go.

Pretty would be next, but I almost never make it to Pretty.

We inherited a 1923(I think) Model T from Mr.Abc's dad. It resides in our garage and comes out once in a while for joy rides when the weather is nice(meaning not too hot). Top speed is about 35 mph so we don't get too much trouble from the local police.

Nice

Nice 86 'Vickey; love the volvo too. I wish I'd snapped a pic when some random guy parked his Cherry Red '57 Chevy down the block from my place a few days ago. The kid down the street runs a car washing business on the weekends and I get to see cool rides fairly routinely b/c of it. If only I could get him to turn down the damn bass on his lowrider...

LOL! Here's the '68 Plymouth I'm currently fixing up. Have the engine out and broken down, now for the machine shop and putting it back together.

ai164.photobucket.com_albums_u13_SkwerlyXJ_scan0001.jpg

I guess I see so many Beamers and Benzos in CA that I find them boring. I like old American iron. :)

Not like those two you don't.

I get what you are saying. I am a gearhead at heart and thus I have a love for them all. The first half of my affair with the automobile was all about '60s muscle culminating in a '66 hemi 'Cuda which remains the only car (out of nearly a hundred) that I ever made a profit on. When I was in college I drove my roomies '70 2002 and was fascinated at just how much fun a small, nimble car could be. That started my love affair with German badges. The biggest thing I miss about the heavy metal is the ability to cheaply and easily produce 500HP without really even trying.

But, with the German car I can control the 250HP like a laser. And just look at those sexy ass curves up there. Ooh baby.

LOL! Here's the '68 Plymouth I'm currently fixing up. Have the engine out and broken down, now for the machine shop and putting it back together.

ai164.photobucket.com_albums_u13_SkwerlyXJ_scan0001.jpg

Please tell me you drive this in a Blues Brothersish getup.

Nice whip, man. Would so rock that.

If I ever got a BMW, those 7-series cars are real, real nice. Most around here drive the stupid 318i, which is basically a Nissan Sentra with a BMW badge on it.

Thanks, Sneezy! It's a ton of fun. I've put it through just about every abuse I can think of, and am now rebuilding it and as an adult, I'll be able to treat it so much better. :p

The 7's are something else, for sure. Once they start to get some age on them, however, they can be nightmarish to maintain. It takes a special type to keep them on the road past their shelf life.

Unfortunately, the same can be said for most all luxury badge lines now. The complexity of the control systems and the relatively low production numbers will make them too expensive for even enthusiasts to keep the faith in the future.

Thanks, Leonardo! :)

And, YES on the maintenance part, Sneezy! They may be cool cars and all, but $400 or more for a simple tune-up is just highway robbery. I'll stick with my old and simple iron. :D

Back