• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Aphex Twin, Amon Tobin, Photek, Squarepusher...

" New " sounds for Old memories

OCHRE - Children Playing With Lego

By the way, I played with lego's bricks when I was a child... Once, I tried to build my own prehistoric fauna , something like thisawww.comparestoreprices.co.uk_images_le_lego_prehistoric_creatures.jpg
or this awww.toysrus.co.uk_medias_sys_master_8609558642798880.jpg_2cf2d64e5d13ea12d1227ba1bb904dba.jpg
... I think, that I had boxes like this awww.comparestoreprices.co.uk_images_le_lego_creator_8_in_1_prehistoric_power.jpg anyway, I don't remember it... I remember my brothers and some of my empty boxes --- But at the end ... After many efforts I built a "Hybrid" dinosaur or called New specie !! The moral is clear, don't give up !

Waves...

Last edited:
LET'S GO FOR A STROLL !
● Max and Harvey - Sleep - I love it ! Reminds me Amon Tobin, that is, his best albums except Isam !!

● Fridge - Kinoshita .. Reminds me Aphex ...

Fridge - Kinoshita - YouTube

● GAS - Oxygen ... A classic for me ..

Last edited:
Oh mon dieu , after many efforts I built a "Hybrid" dinosaur or called New specie !! The moral is clear, don't give up !
[/FONT]

That tune is nice, but it doesn't accompany its title very well. I would've thought something more light and dreamy. Quite heavy, non?

I used to build large towns out of my Lego, over which I could rule in a democratically elected fashion and left-of-centre-leaning manner. Just like Tony :whistling:

That tune is nice, but it doesn't accompany its title very well.
Wait Watson... Don't break the magic of this children's souvenir... I chose -on purpose- this title ( a kind of trick ) because it made me laugh... I think that Rubik's Cube would be also a magical smile or laugh for this tune ;)

I would've thought something more light and dreamy. Quite heavy, non?
Alors, give us ( Lego's children ) this Hymn soon ...

I used to build large towns out of my Lego, over which I could rule in a democratically elected fashion and left-of-centre-leaning manner. Just like Tony :whistling:
:lol: In other words... Yesterday you had " une belle soirée " with Tony :whistling:

By the way, I like to read the Poetry behind the wine bottle's label and then decipher these nuances on the palate.... In fact, I like to see people do these kind of interpretations . That is, when somebody ( not a Sommelier ) suddenly say : - Yes, this wine is filled with velvet fruit with notes of blackberry and besides, it has a tantalizing acidity that " dances on your tongue":lol:

* VOILÀ, my HARVEST FLAVORS for today !! :whistling:
THIEVERY CORPORATION - All That We Perceive :D

THIEVERY CORPORATION - Until The Morning
Thievery Corporation - Until The Morning - YouTube

THIEVERY CORPORATION - La Femme Parallel

Last edited:
Ah, beloved Thievery Corporation. I really like their stuff; it's at once so mellow and progressive/funky. Contradictory, if you will. A lot like the policies of one centre-left pro-European politician of British extraction.

I wonder, if there were a real life Thievery Corporation, what would the annual general meeting of such a group be like? Where would one leave one's laptop before the meeting? Would you feel safe taking your Blackberry/smartphone along? Such questions we do raise huh ;-)

Now, I have had just arrive in the post a CD from Amazon: The Future Sound of London's Environments 4 so will be focussing all my attention on that one today and this weekend. I so love their music.

I really enjoyed the Skalpel track. I found it to have a DJ Shadow edge to it, and wouldn't think it out of place on his Endtroducing album. The Tobin piece is very un-Tobin though, non. Nice, but not his usual style?

Photek = Nice old school jungle.

Any Jungle In Guy? - YouTube

By the Way Will, Have you ever been in the Natural History Museum ??

● THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS - Hey Boy Hey Girl :buttrock
I love this clip with bones and X-ray of Hands & Arms :)

Last edited:
I could have sworn I'd posted Nisennenmondai in this thread, but apparently not.

Anyway, they're three women from Tokyo who know how to spin a minimalist krautgroove like few others I've come across. Especially Sayaka Himeno on drums, who's just... impossible.

Nisennenmondai: "Mirror Ball" - SuperDeluxe@Artspace, Sydney, 9/7/10 - YouTube
The beginning is edited a bit - she builds up that guitar riff phrase by phrase on a sequencer. The song really takes off around the 4.30 mark when Sayaka starts kicking ass and taking names.

Nisennenmondai - Ikkkyokume (Live) - YouTube
From a simple one-chord strum to full on noise.

I was reading about their "musical path " because I hadn't heard of this japanese band ... I am sure that Will ( or his wife ) knew this band from Tokyo ... Anyway, I've just discovered the meaning of Nisennenmondai - computer bug problem of 2000 year , an epic name ! :lol:
--- Ikkkyokume , I like this "dialogue" between bass and guitar ... In fact, my ear always listen first - in any musical composition - , the line or the sound of the bass rather than another instrument/sound ...

Back