• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ask Me Anything ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So am I just supposed to ask you something you won't know the answer to, or does it have to be a mystery of the universe that needs solving?

What colour socks am I wearing?
Has there ever been a weeble that wobbled and did fall down?
Who really did eat all the pies?

Martin!!! :D Here is one big mystery that I need you to solve!

When Bruce Banner turns into the hulk... how come his pants don't rip???!!

Regards
Sillywabbit

Right!

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Litany:

First off, I'm not omniscient, so questions about your lotto numbers, or the colour of your socks I will not be able to answer.

As for your other questions:

Has there ever been a weeble that wobbled and did fall down?

Nope, weebles are unfalldownable.

Who really did eat all the pies?

*sticks hand in the air*

I did. Sorry.

SillyWabbit:

When Bruce Banner turns into the hulk... how come his pants don't rip?

Two words:

Span

Dex.

Anyway, just be grateful it doesn't rip. Can you spell inferiority complex?

Easy one tonight.

NEXT!

Cheers, Martin :D

I've wondered about Bruce Banner's pants. why doesn't he make all his clothes out of the same material as the top half of his pants?

Originally posted by Martin

Anyway, just be grateful it doesn't rip. Can you spell inferiority complex?

I don't reckon a photosynthentic steroid junkie would have a very impressive todger actually. I think his winkle would be very small indeed, so ner. :p

Difficult questions then.

If, when I titre my virus, I get a value of 1TCID50 per 50ul of a 1x10^-4.67, what is my titre per ml? And then, what volume would I need to take over of my stock virus solution to get a titre of 100TCID50/ml?

Actually, my virus titre is pretty wimpy, I'll need to grow some more over the summer. :(

Here goes:

Ashea:

Why doesn't he make all his clothes out of the same material as the top half of his pants?

Because he's a dumb lummox.

Litany:

If, when I titre my virus, I get a value of 1TCID50 per 50ul of a 1x10^-4.67, what is my titre per ml? And then, what volume would I need to take over of my stock virus solution to get a titre of 100TCID50/ml?

Asking questions in an alien language is not allowed!

NEXT!

Hey, another question.

RaVeN:

Well worth the price of admission isn't he folks !

Yes. Yes, he is.

NEXT!

[Idun:

What was the name of a viking, who found and took care of a little Thorgal Aegrisson?

I honestly do not know. I don't speak (and read) Polish.

You should learn then. It's such a beautiful language. :D

You are shirking, Martin! Thorgal is not a Polish comic. It's Belgian and, as far as I know, it is written in French (by Mr. Van Hamme, by the way).

I'm sorry, Idun, I'm sure you're right, but I couldn't find anything about him :(

I'll try harder, next time, ok?

NEXT!

Hang with me here. I smoke a small, filtered, sweet cherry flavored cigar made by Swisher Sweets. They're the size of a cigarette and come 20 to a pack. On the side of the pack it says "these cigars are predominantly natural tobacco with non-tobacco ingredients added"

My question is, what's the other 49 percent that I've been smoking all these years?

Next question: What's ingested more world-wide, coffee or tea?

Last , where & when did the 1st postage stamp originate ?

Hopefully that will keep you busy & off the streets for a little while. Or at least until the pedestrians can duck for cover.

RaVeN

Got some more for you!!! :)

This was a question asked by a friend at work. I did not know. So I turn to you, master of all wisdom!!!!

... *drum roll*

Why is unwanted email called "spam?"

MORE questions! :)

Why is there fluff in my belly button??

Why is the fluff in my belly button ALWAYS blue no matter what colour of clothing that I am wearing???

Where do all my socks go to?

Regards
SillyWabbit :D

I'm sorry, Idun, I'm sure you're right, but I couldn't find anything about him :(

I'll try harder, next time, ok?

NEXT!

Martin, haven't you noticed that I'm always right?;)

I'll give you the answer: his name is Leif Haraldson (Thorgal, part 7, Child of the Stars)

Hm, Martin, shame that you don't speak Polish...So beautiful and simple language it is...Dzień dobry, przyjacielu- nice, isn't it?
My question for you- in which century does the Margit Sandemo's saga begin its plot?

Back to business, yet again.

SillyWabbit:

What happened to the Neanderthals?

Some say they went extinct, pushed that way by us — modern Homo sapiens, which was already around back then. Others say we interbred with them, and so rather than dying out, we absorbed their genes into our own gene pool — meaning that we all have a little Neanderthal in us.

Snake:

What happened to all the snow?

I hate to break it to you, but snow melts ... you know, turns into water? Don't worry, it'll be back, next year.

Oponn:

Why, when looking at the sun rising or setting, does it appear to be larger than at any other time?

This is an interesting question because there is no universal agreement on the answer. An interesting experiment that you can perform is when you see a large full moon near the horizon, turn around facing away from it. Then bend over and look at the moon between your legs. Most people see it as a normal size.

Litany:

Why is the Safety Curtain at the theatre called the Safety Curtain?

Fire Curtain: noun - a fireproof theater curtain to be dropped in case of fire.

Need I say more?

Is is bullet proof?

No. It's fireproof, though.

RaVeN:

My question is, what's the other 49 percent that I've been smoking all these years?

I don't think I really understand that question. Please rephrase.

What's ingested more world-wide, coffee or tea?

Tea is the second most-consumed beverage in the world, right behind water.

Last , where & when did the 1st postage stamp originate ?

Rowland Hill thought up a way to reform the postal system that was currently in use - an impractical system in which the postage, based on weight and distance, was charged to the addressee. He advocated a uniform rate of postage to be paid by the sender instead - using stamps.

As is often the case with inventions, several people claimed to have had the same idea. Yet one thing is certain: Hill, who was later knighted by the queeen, is the one who finally carried the project through. As the universally recognized inventor of the postage stamp, Sir Rowland has since been honored over and over again by postal services throughout the world, in particular on the centenary of his death (1979), the bicentenary of his birth (1995) and the 150th anniversary of the invention of the postage stamp (1990). Among the most beautiful commemorative issues printed on those various occasions are a truly magnificent one from Portugal and others from Chile, Ghana and the United Kingdom.

The first postage stamp thus saw the light of day in England - on 6 May 1840 to be precise. Its name? The Penny Black. Printed in black and white, it bore the profile of Queen Victoria, who was so pleased with her likeness that she had the drawing maintained on all the subsequent issues that were put out of the stamp throughout her sixty-year reign.

SillyWabbit:

Why is unwanted email called "spam?"

The term "SPAM" was adopted as a result of a Monty Python act in which a group of Vikings sang a chorus of "SPAM, SPAM, SPAM . . . " louder and louder, silencing all other conversation. Unwanted email does the same thing - it is louder than all other conversation on the internet.

Why is there fluff in my belly button??

Michael Biesecker wrote an interesting article on navel fluff in the 19/4/95 edition of Technician, accessed via North Carolina State University library. In it he discusses the widely held belief that navel fluff forms when very tiny pieces of fibre break off the inside of clothing. These tiny fibres gather in the belly button and amalgamate into balls of lint.

Why is the fluff in my belly button ALWAYS blue no matter what colour of clothing that I am wearing???

The colour of navel fluff varies amongst different people. Those who habitually wear clothes of a similar colour tend to produce fluff related to that colour. However, those who wear a variety of colours usually end up with fluff of a grayish blue colour similar to the lint found in the lint filters of clothes driers. This colour is most likely an average of all clothing colours worn.

Where do all my socks go to?

Somehow, they all seem to end up on my doorstep. I reckon you've got an overactive cat running around somewhere.

Beatrycze:

My question for you- in which century does the Margit Sandemo's saga begin its plot?

In the 15th century.

NEXT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back