• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

My av reflects my heritage - the Pommern region of Prussia, swallowed by the bigger brats on the block.

SFG75:

Until I had my first semi-heart attack, I was a huge cigar fan. Burn one for me.

The Prussian

I have to say that mine simply caught my eye. :D

(I actually look more like the one that Ell helped find for me when I first got here...)

My current avatar is the Victory over AIDS flag, which is a pride flag with a black stripe to remember all of those in the gay community who have died of AIDS. The idea is, that once a cure for AIDS is found, all Victory over AIDS flag will be gathered up, the black stripe cut off and burned in Washington DC, while the rainbow flag it flown. A good friend of mine isn't doing very well right now, so it's kind of an homage to him.
Usually my av is something from a musical or a book cover though.

Prairie_Girl said:
there's good AIDS?

Brasseye was a British satire in the late 90s that spoofed news documentaries. There was one episode, called Sex, in which the running spoof was of a talk show; the presenter talking to people in the audience about their sex problems. At one point, after being beaten in an arm wrestle by an AIDS victim (the presenter let him win) the presenter mentions that the guy caught AIDS through drugs. The guest replies by saying that no, he caught it from his lover. Bad AIDS? the presenter asks, and refuses to talk to him; asks for him to be removed from the studio lest he infext someone.

It was a great satire on the media's approach to what it doesn't know, and the stupid fear that get generated. So good AIDS is caught from drugs; bad AIDS comes from "bumming". :)

Brasseye was great - the Drugs episode where David Amess was fooled about a new drug called Cake was brilliant - he even asked question about it in parliament didn't he?

Back to the thread...I tend to help quite a few people, its how i got given my nickname Gem, and when i saw my avatar - the wish fairy, it seemed to fit.Not sure if i explained my self right there, but you get the picture -i'm a goody two shoes :D

I got my avatars sent to me off a good friend who knows i collect little angels and fairies! Thanks hun :D

ruby said:
i collect little angels and fairies!

I say, you there, perhaps when I've grown up and decide that, after all, I am a homosexual, you could adopt me. I wouldn't kill you exactly...you just wouldn't be left, hmmm, how shall I put this?...Alive!

I am now a dead crow...

Edit: I am now a rose (I was told the crow was a bit morbid and was asked to modify my avatar to something more pleasant).

Stewart said:
I say, you there, perhaps when I've grown up and decide that, after all, I am a homosexual, you could adopt me. I wouldn't kill you exactly...you just wouldn't be left, hmmm, how shall I put this?...Alive!

now I think this is one of the funniest things Stewart has ever posted! :D

Stewart said:
Stewie i wouldnt collect you when you are all grown up! as i only collect the cute little things in life! And if you do decide to be homosexual then good luck to you! Hope you enjoy being a bum boy! :D

Back