• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Batman Begins

magemanda

Has anyone seen this?

I went last night - well, got dragged along really, since I wasn't in a cinema mood really - and I thought it was awesome.

I loved the slow-burn build-up to the action. I really liked that this character had reasons for becoming the Dark Knight, and the fact that he learnt his skills rather than just being gifted with them a la Spider-Man.

The cast were superb. Christian Bale was both sexy and brooding - a really excellent choice (I was a little sceptical when he was announced as the lead, having only seen him in Reign of Fire before then). Morgan Freeman was fun, as was Michael Caine.

The mood of the film was suitably dark and gritty and the city of Gotham became a character in its own right.

Basically, I loved it. What are other people's opinions on this?

I loved it myself, by far the best of all the Batman movies!
Though I would like to have seen them use Scarecrow a bit more, he's always been my fav Batman villian and would have preferred him as the main villian in the movie.

Oh, but then the whole wonderful irony would have been lost! The bad guy had to be who he was because then the plot kind of comes full circle. I don't want to say any more because I may have said too much already. ;)

I'm not the biggest fan of comic book movies and I didn't really like any of the old Batman movies. But this movie broke that mold.

I really liked how it explained the origins of Batman and where he gets his toys. Christian Bale was really good too.

This movie follows the comic books alot more than the tim burton movies. I really like how they featured so many villians in there.

I thought it was great and will echo the sentiments that they finally got the character right in this one. Now onto the most pressing question, who will play The Joker in the next one? I've read 2 names being bandied about, Sean Penn and Crispin Glover. Both of which would be great, but I think Johnny Depp could put an original spin on the character like he does all his roles. Who do you guys think it should be?

I saw it and loved it and had nightmares. In my dream i was in bed and the doorbell went. Someone got it and as they were gettin it i fell asleep and when i opened my eyes the scarecrow was standing over me with a gun! I got such a fright i woke up.

KristoCat said:
Oh, but then the whole wonderful irony would have been lost! The bad guy had to be who he was because then the plot kind of comes full circle. I don't want to say any more because I may have said too much already. ;)

I've seen the film and I have to say KristoCat's comment is still lost on me! :p

(But you've got a cool avatar so....where d'you get it? Do they do black and white ones?)

I thought it was a brilliant film. (LOVED Batman Forever as well). Brilliant acting all round although Katie Holmes (gets around a bit doesn't she?) was still playing basically the same person as always. I'm no film expert but it would be nice to see her doing something a bit different for a change.

What I liked most I think was that this film was more about the psychology behind it all, strength of mind, facing your fears etc. rather than just mindless action scenes.

I think this was the best Batman movie so far and Batman is my favorite comic book hero so I loved this movie. I was a little unsure of the casting of Christian Bale and Cilian Murphy at first, I like them both but didn't see them for those parts, they were really good. I thought everything about the movie was really good.

I'm hoping that Johnny Depp is the Joker next :)

Normally I enjoy Christian Bale's acting, but I didn't like how he played Batman. He kept growling throughout the picture...
Cillian Murphy's performance was good. I didn't think too much of him in 28 Days Later but his role as the Scarecrow was surprising. It helps that he's easy on the eyes :). I know a lot of people tend to dismiss Katie Holmes's performance, but she was okay. I can't say she really embarrassed herself or anything...

Johnny Depp as the Joker? That could work, although it'll be pretty tough to improve upon Jack Nicholson's performance!

Cillian Murphy is too small to be sex on legs tho he is a fantastic actor. I really enjoyed the movie but i felt it was on par with the original batman. The downsides were Bales voice and the fight scenes, it's a personal preference i just dislike closely shot action where the characters are barely distinguishable.

I really liked the movie. I was disappointed when I couldn't find the deluxe edition DVD in stores upon its release, but then I went to Sam Goody and there it was!

I adore Cillian Murphy since seeing him in this movie. His eyes are so creepy yet intoxicating (or am I just weird for thinking this?). While I was needing a Dr. Crane fix before the DVD release, I borrowed a friend's copy of the video game. Still amazed that I actually played a stealth kind of game because I don't play those. Now I have it for my own though since I saw it on the bargain shelf at Wal-Mart!

Fantasy Moon said:
I really liked the movie. I was disappointed when I couldn't find the deluxe edition DVD in stores upon its release, but then I went to Sam Goody and there it was!

I adore Cillian Murphy since seeing him in this movie. His eyes are so creepy yet intoxicating (or am I just weird for thinking this?). While I was needing a Dr. Crane fix before the DVD release, I borrowed a friend's copy of the video game. Still amazed that I actually played a stealth kind of game because I don't play those. Now I have it for my own though since I saw it on the bargain shelf at Wal-Mart!

Have you seen Disco Pigs, Cillian is very creepy in that but still nice to look at :)

I realise i have little cause to post here but i <3 disco pigs, sadly i never got to see the play :(

I was in a supermarket few months ago and cillian was infront of me in scruffy jeans and tshirt buying vodka! he really is beautiful but you know tiny <\3

Ms. said:
I realise i have little cause to post here but i <3 disco pigs, sadly i never got to see the play :(

I was in a supermarket few months ago and cillian was infront of me in scruffy jeans and tshirt buying vodka! he really is beautiful but you know tiny <\3

I saw in a bio about him that he's about 5' 9" or so?

Back