• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Beer! (Split from National Stereotypes)

I've been saying no for longer than I can remember. (Though there was a brief moment where I was the only one of the kids drinking wine... But I rapidly grew out of it.)

Brought to you directly from Coors Brewing Company & Motokid:

Quality and freshness are top priorities at Coors. That's why we introduced refrigerated handling and marketing of our products in 1959. This means:

All Coors products are kept cold, from brewing to the retailer, because consistent cold temperatures provide the freshest possible taste.
We ship our beer cold-not because we have to, but because we choose to, ensuring a brewery-fresh flavor.
Once the beer arrives at the retailer, our distributors continue to monitor quality by promoting a cooler rotation policy for floor displays. This policy allows retailers to present our products at room temperature for a limited time without diminishing the flavor of our products.

Motokid said:
All Coors products are kept cold, from brewing to the retailer, because consistent cold temperatures provide the freshest possible taste.

The British Society CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) recommends that "Real ale is served at cellar temperature .... C (54-57 F)". Now most of the members of CAMRA have beards, which means they are almost certainly scientists.

pfffft...silly Britians... and that's ale...we're talkin' beer here. :D

I have a goatie..does that mean I'm a partial scientist? :cool:

Motokid said:
pfffft...silly Britians... and that's ale...we're talkin' beer here. :D

In Britain Ale means beer other than lager or stout, so we're talking the same thing!

Except we're not as most of what Americans (or Dutch or Belgiums) refer to as beer is called lager over here, and in Britain lager is served cold. So we would both drink a Coors or a Bud the same way.

Motokid said:
I have a goatie..does that mean I'm a partial scientist? :cool:

I'm not sure, do you look at your shoes when talking to people? ;)

pfft ...pfffttt ....pffffftttt again

ale lager stout???? Silly Britians again...

Look, It just plain old beer. That's all. Beer. If there's ice floating in the foam of your ice chilled, glass mug that's all you need. What I need is for you to be buyin'....

Silly silly English.... :p

No I don't look at my shoes.... :cool:

Kenny Shovel said:
Now most of the members of CAMRA have beards, which means they are almost certainly scientists.
Ah, lovely then. I've always wanted to be a scientist. I'll just stop shaving then.

Plus I'm now typing this looking at my shoe.

I must be in a certain mood to drink beer. I'm what you would call a casual drinker, and a pathetic one at that.

ds

And wabbit, just 'cause you been doing something for hundreds of years don't mean your doin' it right.

I believe the Royal Family proves that point... :D

Motokid said:
ale lager stout???? Silly Britians again...

Look, It just plain old beer.

You mean you can't tell the difference between Bud and a Guiness! What have you being doing to Mrs Bobbit to make her cut your taste buds out? :eek:

Motokid said:
And wabbit, just 'cause you been doing something for hundreds of years don't mean your doin' it right.

I believe the Royal Family proves that point... :D

The Queens been drinking beer for hundreds of years? Well, that explains why she never gets to drive the car...

All you gotta know if you really, really must classify beer is this:

lite - BEER - dark

Get it?

Then the next most important thing is: can - bottle - draft

sheesh....you English gotta be so regimented....oh wait, that's a stereotype...that's a different thread....

:D :D :D

More than one kind of beer is too complicated a concept to grasp?

You know, if you americans keep trying to simplify things then one day you'll end up with an idiot voted as President.

(Hangs head at playing the Bush card so early) :)

I read one of those things once! Yes, welcome to the forum Kenny! OMG they kil... oh wait. Confused with somebody else :p

Moto, you have a point with the Queen thing :D

Martin said:
Holland has the best beer in the world! :)

The best Dutch beer, that is. ;)

The Belgians, Germans, and Czechs make better beer.

That said, my favourite is Zywiec - when I can get it. :(

Motokid said:
Look, It just plain old beer. That's all. Beer. If there's ice floating in the foam of your ice chilled, glass mug that's all you need.
Really, Moto, I might be a disgrace to my country, but you are one to every beer-loving person! What's this about ice? :p

lies said:
I, however, believe all beer tastes like shite. :)
I couldn't agree more - I can't stand the stuff. I'd never drink it and really don't like kissing someone who has :rolleyes:

Back