• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

best concert

jenngorham said:
talking to ritalin kid made me think of this. what is the best concert you've ever been to and what would be your dream concert?

i haven't been to many concerts, but i would say the best i ever saw was the paul simon concert born at the right time tour. i saw him in old orchard beach maine( i met stephen king buying tickets) it was an outdoor concert and he had a huge band with him and the sound was incredible. i was 17 and was with my boyfriend(husband) and our best friends jon and steph. we had spent the day on the boardwalk and swimming so we were covered in sand and sunburnt and we didn't have a care. we danced like crazy people and i think, i think he encored with you can call me al. he opened with obvious child that has that wild drum bit in the middle. it was great.

and still i am hoping to see dave. my whole family has seen him and it has not happened yet for me. ideally i would love to see the concert at the gorge which is a 3 day event.
i once had tickets to see the dave matthews band, but it was at the beginning of my love affair and so did not make every effort to go and wound up giving them to a busker. but what goes around comes around and 3 weeks later we got free tickets to see the chilli peppers and had awesome seats.
I have not been to many concerts either. I enjoyed seeing my all time favourite band (The Offspring) in concert a few years ago. They put on an excelent preformance.

About 2 years ago or 3 years ago I went to theme park with my dad, sister and my sisters boyfriend and they had some bands playing. One of them was a band called Madness. This is when I started liking Madness and they also put on a great preformance.

i've been to so many good shows, it's hard to narrow it down.. i'd have to say incubus puts on a great show (i've seen them many times!) and no doubt is awesome live! gwen has amazing stage presence!

Has anyone had a chance to see Cake live? I haven't, but I love their studio efforts and would love to catch them sometime. I found one of my Cake CDs yesterday. Man, those guys make music that just makes my day better.

I must say that the best shows I've been to have been outdoor festivals. I've only begun going to these this year, and so far have been to the Falls festival (best time of my life) and the Big Day Out Melbourne show.

Faves? John Butler Trio (transcendence every single time), Missy Higgins, Cat Empire, Donovan Frankenreiter, Xavier Rudd, Grinspoon (surprisingly), Slipknot, System of a Down, Carus and the True Believers, Claire Bowditch and the Feeding Set, many others. JBT would have to be my fave.

I'm going to see The Cat Empire again this Saturday at the forum in Melbourne. Anyone else here from Melb and going to the show??

RitalinKid said:
Has anyone had a chance to see Cake live? I haven't, but I love their studio efforts and would love to catch them sometime. I found one of my Cake CDs yesterday. Man, those guys make music that just makes my day better.
Mmm cakes *Feels hungry*

RainbowGurl said:
About 2 years ago or 3 years ago I went to theme park with my dad, sister and my sisters boyfriend and they had some bands playing. One of them was a band called Madness. This is when I started liking Madness and they also put on a great preformance.
I'd love to see Madness!
RitalinKid said:
If you're interested, they're performing in Brussels in May. ;)

DearTabatha said:
i've been to so many good shows, it's hard to narrow it down.. i'd have to say incubus puts on a great show (i've seen them many times!) and no doubt is awesome live! gwen has amazing stage presence!

Absolutely! I love the No Doubt concert I went too!! They are awesome on stage. I woud go again in a heartbeat. Oddly enough I saw Incubus, then about a month later saw No Doubt. It was weird you see you put the two of them together.

Someone mention David Bowie. Interesting in deed. I would like to check that out because that man is just interesting. HA...great sentence I know.

Going to see Rammstein again in July - that will probably be even better than it was a few years ago. :cool:

Hopefully the support will be better than that American Headcharge crap that was there last time. :mad:

Saw The Black Crowes last nite. It was my first time seeing them and they were pretty good. Not really my favorite type of music but I had a good time.

lenny nero said:
Saw The Black Crowes last nite. It was my first time seeing them and they were pretty good. Not really my favorite type of music but I had a good time.
In Memphis?

Best Concert, hmm. . .

Prince, until this latest tour last year. Not that it was bad, just not on par with the three I had seen before. His shows were always really incredible, fiery, and totally hot.

David Bowie puts on an awesome show too.

I've only seen David Bowie once (at a festival), but he seemed to be genuinely enjoying himself playing live. He even went over his time and played a 150 minute set (give or take a few minutes).

I have to confess to only ever having been to one concert in my life, which was Bryan Adams at Wembley Arena. No, I'm not proud of that fact!! :D

.... Oh, and it was my friends who made me go, I swear!! ;)

Phil

Yes - you refused to come to the Reading festival with me when Green Day were headlining :mad: The fact that you were flying out to LA that day was no excuse!

My presence of course, being totally necessary for you to go :rolleyes: Yes, despite living in Reading for three years (and being a student no less!!) I achieved the unlikely ability of always being busy over Reading Festival weekend :(

Phil

The best concert i've ever been to was a 4 hour concert with the famous finnish duo M.A. Numminen and Piedro Hietanen. It was originally supposed to last about 1,5-2 hours but because the people in the audience and the artists were having so much fun they just kept on playing. There is something in these smaller concerts that you just dont get in big concerts with 5000 screaming fans and 500 guards. All my best concert memories are from smaller more intimate concerts.

Back