• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Best place to read

Welcome to the board!:)

As for reading, I have a recliner that is very comfortable. So comfortable in fact, I will take a nap from time to time.:eek:

I wish I could read in my car but the State Police frown on that.

Same here...The screams of terrified kids steal whatever joy I might have found in reading in the car;)

Hi and welcome! I used to read a lot in the car when I was riding shotgun for my mother. We went through Chattanooga when I was about your age...lovely place you've got there!

Same here...The screams of terrified kids steal whatever joy I might have found in reading in the car;)

LOL, You're something else abecedarian.:D:D:D

"Save the screams of bloody murder, I'm almost done with this chapter! Don't make me read another novel!":D

Welcome, Kristian.

I do most of my reading in a big recliner. I've been known to read in Starbucks, but the recliner is better.

I'll read anywhere I can get a moment's peace. So usually in bed or in the car (but not while I'm driving!).

I'm asking not where you read but where you like reading most, though this line of conversation is quite interesting. Recliners seem to be a theme. I'll have to try the ale thing when I turn 21. (Or is it 18? Yes, I do abide by those law things.)

I'm asking not where you read but where you like reading most, though this line of conversation is quite interesting. Recliners seem to be a theme. I'll have to try the ale thing when I turn 21. (Or is it 18? Yes, I do abide by those law things.)

I'll ready anywhere I can, but I don't have a favourite place. Between my dog, cat, husband and cell phone, any place that's quiet and all my own is my favourite for the moment.

I usually read on this stool thats next to my (bunk) bed! I lean my arms on the ladder rungs so it's pretty comfortable! I also read in bed! :)

I have to read somewhere I can sprawl easily, so I read most often in bed. However, my favourite place to read is on my own in my garden when the sun is shining, maybe with some incense burning....bliss :D

I like to read on my boat. Strangely enough, I get motion sickness when even attempting to read in a car or any other moving vehicle. On the boat I read just fine. Until the beer to page read ratio goes up. Odd thing is, I find myself reading the same chapter over for weeks.

I enjoy it in my room on the bed or out in the backyard... Sadly I have an illness that keeps me well close to the house... but I would have loved reading by a small lake...

Work is usually a good place for me. Once the kids are asleep, doing homework, at lessons (I'm a nanny). I usually read for at least an hour in bed. I also love taking baths to read.

I do my reading in a little art studio in my backyard. It's actually a glorified shed, to tell you the truth. It's very comfortable. So comfortable that I end up falling asleep instead of actually reading or drawing.

Anywhere I can. But I prefer to read outside in a bench swing... providing the mosquitoes aren't to vicious. In inclement weather (raining mosquitoes included), I read in my office on an old and very uncomfortable love seat.

Anywhere and everywhere that is nice as well as quiet. For the past day and a half I've been reading outside on my hammock. I tried to read at a cafe once, but the noise... OY!... drove me crazy.

Back