• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Between Books

shadforth

How much of a gap,if any,do you leave between finishing one book and starting another? I usually wait one day,to soak up the last book,and because often the next book is a totally different genre/style. I must admit I've finished one in the morning,and started another during the evening cos I was too excited about it!:blush:

I rarely ever leave a gap between ending one book and starting another. I almost always start a new book the same day I finish another, unless I go to sleep after finishing a book, in which case I'll start a new book the next morning with my coffee.

I rarely ever leave a gap between ending one book and starting another. I almost always start a new book the same day I finish another, unless I go to sleep after finishing a book, in which case I'll start a new book the next morning with my coffee.
Same here - minus the coffee.

I usually have more than one book going at a time and it is rare I finish them both at the same time. I can't remember the last time I had a gap in my reading in recent history.

I have to wait day, finishing a book in the evening and starting another one just seems.....so unfaithful.;)

It depends on the effect the book I finished has on me. Some books leave me thinking about their story for days and in that case I usually only start a new one once I'm done considering the previous.

The exception is, of course, when I'm reading a series in which case I can't wait to get to the next one...

Not to sound like an advertisement for incontinence products, but it really Depends. Like several here have said, sometimes I need to mull over what I've just read. Sometimes I can just get up and go get the next in line, but usually I wait at least til the next day. I've lately developed the habit of meditating on what I'm reading while I crochet, and find that helps me quite a bit, so I try to pick up a project right after finishing a book.

I like to let the finished book soak in for a little while - maybe a few hours - then I'll start the next as soon as I have time to sit with it.

Sometimes an hour and sometimes several days. It all depends on how I feel and what my schedule looks like.

I have a rule, and sometimes I actually follow it, that I can not buy another book until I've finished the one I've got. I may go months between books, or I may start one the day after I finished my last one. I depends on how busy I am, etc. I've noticed that some people here read books simultaneously, I never do that. Can't really say why, but it doesn't feel right. I will, however, pull a book off of my bookshelf and just read a paragraph or two even though I'm currently reading another book.

I usually know which book I'm picking up next so if I'm in the mood to read some more at the time I instantly pick up the new one after I've reviewed the one I've just finished. :)

What is really annoying is having a stack of books and you're just not in the mood to dive on in. That's what I'm experiencing now.

What is really annoying is having a stack of books and you're just not in the mood to dive on in. That's what I'm experiencing now.

Me too. Nothing was calling out to me so I randomly picked something from the shelf.

Back