• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Black Friday

Thanks Peder, for bringing up that piece of American contemporary life that equals anything George Plimpton has ever done.:D Here is a favorite after I was bored and had a little time on youtube.

YouTube - JERRY SPRINGER - KLANFRONTATION FIGHT

I only watched Springer for Steve,lol

I don't know if it's worth it to go out on that day,I mean are the prices that good? You must really enjoy and being ready for trouble.

I like the way it started in the U.S and other countries have followed it.

I can't think of a thing worth going [out] shopping for on Black Friday. After all, the Internet is available, why fight all that insanity?

I did go out, but only to get a battery operated jeep for my daughter. It was complete insanity though. I managed to get what I came for but I think that this will be the LAST year I go out. With the economy still trying to claw it's way out of the dump the stores were even more insane than normal.

I normally work on Black Friday, but this year I was off. My mother wanted to go to Macy's so I accompanied her. At four freakin' AM. It wasn't bad. It wasn't very crowded at all actually. I got what I wanted within 5 minutes... but stayed 'til 6 am because of my mother.

That's my only Black Friday experience as a consumer.

We lounged around all morning, just enjoying not having to be somewhere, or get ready to have company...finally went out after lunch. Not to shop, exactly: darling son Daniel needed to get in more driving hours and needed to shop for some art supplies and shoes. So we went to Hobby Lobby(and no, I actually did NOT buy yarn...), Sports Authority, Payless Shoes, Shoe Carnival(score!), and Borders...bought two magazines and Fix It and Forget It Christmas by Phyllis Pellman Good.

Back