• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book Lust Bookring

I send things to America quite a bit. I sent a square 20cm box, not too heavy, just had a teddy bear in it, that cost about £4 if I remember right, like $7.50 ish? That was reasonable and a book will be smaller, probably a similar weight?
Just a guideline.

Just back from town..sheesh, the pharmacy was a big mistake :eek:

Anyway, postage to northern Kansas was just $1.42...
to Canada, 4-7 day delivery would be $3.75. 2-4 weeks:$2.70
To Australia it would be $9.70 for 9-10 day, and $4.07 for 4-6 weeks..
I forgot to ask about postage to England..but I still have Book Lust 2 from the library, and I can stop in and ask. They're very nice at my local post office :)

SFG75 said:
This is going to be so fun!! :) :cool:

You're ok with it just being the one book, right? If someone wants to start a bookbox round robin, that might be good..so long as the box isn't too big. I once had to pay $13 to ship a box I only took two book out of.. :eek: Then there was the time I got three boxes in one week :eek: :eek: :eek: Try 'splaining that to a bewildered spouse!

abecedarian said:
Anyway, postage to northern Kansas was just $1.42...
to Canada, 4-7 day delivery would be $3.75. 2-4 weeks:$2.70
To Australia it would be $9.70 for 9-10 day, and $4.07 for 4-6 weeks..
I forgot to ask about postage to England..but I still have Book Lust 2 from the library, and I can stop in and ask. They're very nice at my local post office :)
The Canadian postage seems reasonable, but Australian postage is a bit too much for me to not just buy the book. When I go back to Oz I have dreams of filling my bookshelves with all the tales I haven't been able to purchase over the last 2 years! :D

Kookamoor said:
The Canadian postage seems reasonable, but Australian postage is a bit too much for me to not just buy the book. When I go back to Oz I have dreams of filling my bookshelves with all the tales I haven't been able to purchase over the last 2 years! :D

I've sent stuff up there a few times, the whole letting people know when something is being shipped is a bit odd, but other than that-it won't cost much at all.

Kookamoor said:
?? What do you mean by that?

When I mailed cigars to a friend in Canada, I was asked if I notified him of the package. I just found it a bit odd. Yes, you let people know, but sometimes a surprise is a good thing too.:)

I think the concept behind letting people know when a book or box has been sent is so the reciever knows to watch their mail. Often with bookbox exchanges members are asked to get a tracking number from the post office, then post that so the whereabouts of the box can be traced.

Of course you can play cajunmama! Anybody else??

I am awful excited about this also. I was really hoping to have it on Saturday, so that I could get started but it wasnt here and there is no mail delivered on Monday, so I will not see it til probably Tuesday! I will let everyone know when I receive it:D

I have received this today! I will try to get it out to u SFG75 as soon as I can sit and read for any length of time.

PM sent regarding my address. I also need info from Abecedrian regading who I send it to. Is there a list with the book?:)

A list? A list would be too organized for my style:rolleyes:
Here's the list as of today:

mom2kgnr
SFG75
cajunmama
mehastings

Anyone else? Kookamoor? Twighlight??

abecedarian said:
A list? A list would be too organized for my style:rolleyes:
Here's the list as of today:

mom2kgnr
SFG75
cajunmama
mehastings

Anyone else? Kookamoor? Twighlight??
So, then, sgf, when you are ready, PM me and I'll PM you my address and I'll do the same when I am ready to send it to mehastings. Sound good?

I have finished the book! It is amazing how fast u can read a book when u know someone else is waiting for it...LOL Well anyways, I sent the book out around noon to u SFG, so I hope u see it in a few days. I just sent it media mail.
Abecedarian, I now know what u mean by list making:) I have a huge one now! It was a great book and I greatly appreciate u starting this book ring!
Thanks!!

Glad you liked it! I knew you'd find plenty to add to your "candidates" list. The other day I went to the library in Wichita and on the way out I picked up a free newsletter called (get this!) BOOKS...more titles to add to my never-ending list...:D

Ugh! My list is already never-ending. LOL How will I ever read all the books I have on my TBR list??? Come on someone tell me...LOL jk:D But to be honest my TBR list has tripled since I joined this forum:eek:

Back