• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books similar to da vinci code

sarah

Can anyone suggest books similar to da vinci code...the digital fortress. somethings thats intriguing as dan browns all titles. :)

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown seems to be very much the same kinda thing. It even has the same central character :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

You should have said :p

Well, I dont know then. The best person you should ask is called Mile-O-File. He loves those kinds of books and I am sure if you send him a nice PM telling him you love Dan Brown and want to find something like it he will be most happy to help :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

PS: Tell him the Wabbit sent you :D

SillyWabbit said:
You should have said :p

Well, I dont know then. The best person you should ask is called Mile-O-File. He loves those kinds of books and I am sure if you send him a nice PM telling him you love Dan Brown and want to find something like it he will be most happy to help :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

PS: Tell him the Wabbit sent you :D
You're the first sadistic wabbit I've ever met!! Cruel. Cruel. Cruel.

I kinda like it! ;)

Try the Genesis Code by John Case. Not as good as The Da Vinci Code but still very memorable. Its kind of similar in that it is about hiding historical / religious stuff, quite damning on the catholic church and leaves you with that 'what if?' feeling.

I recently read a review of The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell that called it a cross of The DVC and Donna Tartt's The Secret History. Having never read The Secret History, I don't know if that's a good thing or not....but there you go.

You might also take a look at The Amber Room by Steve Berry and Loot by Aaron Elkins. Both are fun little diversions.

RaVeN

SillyWabbit said:

I got a nice PM, you sarcastic rabbit. :)

mysterious history.....actually I loved the deception point also and wouldnt mind some sci-fic like that.

Mile-O-Phile said:
I got a nice PM, you sarcastic rabbit. :)
See! I TOLD Wabbit he was being sadistic and cruel, but he just laughed at me. Now maybe he'll just be jealous that YOU got a nice PM and he didn't. :D

Books like the Da Vinci code?

could you guys suggest some thrillers/mystery books for me that are like dan brown's da vinci code and others? Ones that aren't jsut stupid mysteries, but that actually have interesting information in them and require you to think. My dad has read all of dan brown's books and now has nothing to read, and i've read all of dan brown's books except deception point, and we kinda need books to read....

also, what books would you suggest that focus on the history the da vinci code focuses on? the holy grail, mary magdalene? are there good non fiction books you would suggest? any fiction books abut those times, or about conspiracy theories or anything?

HW, I've merged your thread into this already existing one. Despite the shenanigans there are some good suggestions here. I'd go with Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco.

I second "Foucault's Pendulum".

"The Athenian Murders" by José Carlos Somoza is a heck of a lot better than the DVC.

"The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova might work too.

The Historian was a good read, a good twist on the Dracula thing..

how about:

The Last Templar - Raymond Khoury

The Templar Legacy - Steve Berry

have a read about them first of course.. i can't personally recommend either of them, but have had them recommended to me as being along the same lines.. both books are on my list...

anyone here read either of those books? thoughts?

Back