• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Boston Marathon attack

yes most of the time despite whatever twisted delusion thinking made them do it, to them there will have been a motivation. You aren't prepared die in a shootout with police without having some passionate 'cause' behind you.

yes most of the time despite whatever twisted delusion thinking made them do it, to them there will have been a motivation. You aren't prepared die in a shootout with police without having some passionate 'cause' behind you.

Does that have a bearing on the act itself...?

From what I've seen on the news, nothing yet. He's still is serious condition and I doubt police have been able to question him.

Does that have a bearing on the act itself...?

yes. Why would two young men, one married with a child, the other with a college scholarship with his whole life ahead of him do such a thing with no warning? It's easy to make a snap judgement that they are Muslims or Chechnyan or didn't fit in and perhaps one or all are part of why, perhaps none.

So glad that they caught the other bomber. Now they are going on about whether or not he was given Miranda rights before questioning (if he's even conscious). Some exclusion of the Miranda was invoked to do with threat to the country. Some of the lawyerly types are worried that if it isn't given his case will get thrown out on a technicality and he'll be free to cause havoc again. I think maybe the States carries this 'justice for all' a bit too far and lets some criminals weasel out of their charges.

I'm waiting for the whole story (if ever) to come out, something seems a little off to me based on the very scanty reporting on this - which in itself seems off. What is and what isn't being reported seems oddly muted and lacking in the usual excess of detail events like this generate.

Very well put. The closest we can get to ConsciousBob's comment was that the uncle said the boys were losers. Since then, There does appear to be some interesting hints at radicalizing. The religious angle is always fascinating to me as the bombers tend to be well educated in fields such as engineering. Whether it's this case or the 911 bombers, you don't hear about them being fine arts or philosophy majors.

Very well put. The closest we can get to ConsciousBob's comment was that the uncle said the boys were losers. Since then, There does appear to be some interesting hints at radicalizing. The religious angle is always fascinating to me as the bombers tend to be well educated in fields such as engineering. Whether it's this case or the 911 bombers, you don't hear about them being fine arts or philosophy majors.

Yes but the rest of the family and most of the friends (at least the one's willing to comment publicly) seem to be indicating that yes they were involved to some with Islamic beliefs (and that does not per se make you a radical), but that there was no indication these guys were about to start planting bombs. I realise that they wouldn't be the first to hide things from friends and family - I don't know something just seems off to me, not only in what is not being reported, but how it is being reported.

It sounds absolutely horrible to compare news coverage of one terribly tragic event with another, but somehow this doesn't seem the same as other similar events (of which there are far too many). I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect that conspiracy theorists are going to have a field day with this one. Things just seem off to me and that is the best I can put it.

@Meadow, I sort of agree with you. It does seem off to me too. I think you are right about the conspiracy people having their hands full. Obviously we don't have anywhere close to all the facts, and we probably never will, but something does feel fishy about the whole thing.

oh well so long as this isn't used to further erode the various rights to freedoms that are already severely eroded in the name of maintaining freedom.

Yes, all of us Fox New watchers are really stupid.

Asshole!

Dude, just playing off of Sparky's comment. If anything, we both should be ticked at him. That's o.k., he's just smarting over the whole Yorktown thing and how we should have let the syphilitic inbred royal have his way on taxes. :p

Diehard liberals aren't much better. If I hear one more word about the Keystone XL pipeline being "bad," I will personally go out and help build the #$@# thing myself. People think fossil fuels just appears in their tanks or something.

Yes, all of us Fox New watchers are really stupid.

Asshole!

what you failed to note was that in order to have identified the source of the quote the respondant had to familiar with it so really he was merely referring to himself ;)

Back