• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Boston Marathon attack

what you failed to note was that in order to have identified the source of the quote the respondant had to familiar with it so really he was merely referring to himself ;)

Yes, thank-you Meadow337. I realize that and I have since apologized to SFG75 for my indiscretion.

don't sweat it, it's all good.

the mother of those guys is something else......can't wait for her to explain how her boy in the boat shooting back at cops is innocent.....waiting eagerly. :)

yes. Why would two young men, one married with a child, the other with a college scholarship with his whole life ahead of him do such a thing with no warning? It's easy to make a snap judgement that they are Muslims or Chechnyan or didn't fit in and perhaps one or all are part of why, perhaps none.

It's an old question, a terrorist attack on Glasgow Airport in 2007 was perpetrated by two guys. One a doctor, the other a student engineer. All jihadists have to do is post a website and wait. I'm with uncle on my assessment.

oh well so long as this isn't used to further erode the various rights to freedoms that are already severely eroded in the name of maintaining freedom.

Well I stick by this thought as my bottom line take on the matter. The fact that they think it's ok to do away the boy's miranda rights should worry the .... out of every one. It's all very well to think it's all a-ok cos he is a person who planted two bombs and killed a policeman and all the rest of it ... but what about when the government decides YOU did something it didn't like?

Its a very dangerous line to cross and these kinds of corruptions of freedom always sound good and reasonable at the time until you are so far across the line its hard to get back.

I don't understand them waiving his Miranda rights. Looks to me like they'd want to dot every 'I' and cross every 'T' to be sure this kid can't possibly wiggle away.

I don't understand them waiving his Miranda rights. Looks to me like they'd want to dot every 'I' and cross every 'T' to be sure this kid can't possibly wiggle away.

Well ya'all signed your miranda rights away when ya'all allowed them to pass the Patriot Act through :) Read it - it's a scary document. (PATRIOT ACT PDF), but this is me climbing on my soap box. Any erosion of one's right to privacy, to what you like so long as it ain't illegal and don't bother no-one, bothers me especially when its dressed up in its Sunday clothes of 'for your own good'.

At this point, the story is over as far as I am concerned. I don't care what happens from here on out. The threat has been removed and I assume he'll be rendered inactive one way or another. Without my help or continuing interest.

Well ya'all signed your miranda rights away when ya'all allowed them to pass the Patriot Act through :) Read it - it's a scary document. (PATRIOT ACT PDF), but this is me climbing on my soap box. Any erosion of one's right to privacy, to what you like so long as it ain't illegal and don't bother no-one, bothers me especially when its dressed up in its Sunday clothes of 'for your own good'.

Quit apologising , in point of fact I'll put some damn bricks under the box and hold the ladder if you want to climb higher on that soapbox , 'cause it needed to be stated.

And on to a few realities , which may offend some folks , not that I'll much care as regards that issue.

Firstly any individual who takes anything they read/hear/see within the mainstream media ( and yes that includes FOX) at face value without renering some cognisant thought to it............well how many times y'all gonna get burned prior to learning?

Secondly , the undercurrent hysteria as regards " Islamists".........what if it had turned out to be White rightwing Dominionist Christians? AIM members? ELF/ALF? Black Panther Party?ActUp? Birchers?

How many hundreds of millions of PEACEFUL non fanatical ' Islamics' are there the world round?

And on to the paramilitary style response , or what folks THINK was such , do I need to point out the dramatic errors in squad level tactics and basic principles of movement of the " responding authorities"?

Now they're calling ( they being the FartBarfandItch and other agencies) these two clowns " sophisticated"...............REALLY? The reality of the fact that these were kindergarten level improvised explosives seems to escape some of these folks , for verification one need only take a basic gander at what's been utilised not only in Chechnya and many other locales the world round.

Does *anyone* here seriously doubt the fact that it could have been much , much MUCH worse? Had these clowns been ' serious and sophisticated' then the explosives would have been 'serious and sophisticated'.

And on to the conspiracy theorists already running their collective yaps . " there were bomb sniffing dogs present".............waddaya prescient or something? You can tell a " bomb sniffing" dog from an ordinary crowd control canine by viewing it across the 'net or on the MSM can ya? How does that work exactly?

" Oh boss De Guy On De ROOOOOOFFFF"..............uh HUH , note the patio furniture in the background , note the door forward and to his left , note the smoke rolling up over the rooftop from the first bomb and the explosion directly in fron of the specific building.......

If YOU were on the roof watching the marathon and all this occured wouldn't YOU get the heck up and go see what was going on?

And locking down a WHOLE major urban area? People huddling in their houses like bleating, shaking sheep?

If this is how we react then we're in a damn sight of trouble if real , actual organised terrorism shows up in this country.

And lastly , and this one just about makes me grind a molar FLAT..........WHAT about the VICTIMS , the MSM , the Politicos running their collective yaps and assorted others should be completely and totally ASHAMED of making yet more political and media hay on the backs of the victims.

Now they're calling ( they being the FartBarfandItch and other agencies) these two clowns " sophisticated"...............REALLY? The reality of the fact that these were kindergarten level improvised explosives seems to escape some of these folks , for verification one need only take a basic gander at what's been utilised not only in Chechnya and many other locales the world round.

Yup - 2 bombs go off in the midst of that crowd and only 3 people are dead? Your average downtown suicide bomber in the Middle East would regard that as a major fail.

I'm not even sure how they identified these kids from the incredibly grainy footage I saw in the media. Could have been any one as far as I'm concerned.

I believe the line of thinking here is that if he is not read his rights that they can question him without a lawyer present and they are probbaly thinking that it's more important to find out who his accomplices, if any, are than gettign him to trial.

I believe the line of thinking here is that if he is not read his rights that they can question him without a lawyer present and they are probbaly thinking that it's more important to find out who his accomplices, if any, are than gettign him to trial.

He is a naturalized citizen; waiving his rights is a slippery slope.

You
Like I said, that they can, should scare every one. Forget the emotion of 'he is a bomber and shouldn't have rights'.
You should see the hoopla on some of the prepper forums over how the house to house searches were conducted..speaking of slippery slopes.

I couldn't agree more. It's all too easy for law enforcement to get a warrent to enter someones home.

Back