• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Breakfast

Wabbit said:
you put plenty of oil in a pan so the bottom is covered then you drop the bread in there when it's good and hot and fry it till crispy! :)
mmm fried bread its lovely! And blackpudding! :)

CDA said:
1. Toast.

2. Toast.

I truly intended to read all of these, but couldn't get past CDA's incredible creativity!

You, sir, are a simple man! And that's a good thing! :D

1. coffee and a cigarette

2. Link sausages, eggs over easy, grits and toast. Then coffee and a cigarette!

1. Cereal with whatever is in season and I have picked, strawberries, blueberries, or peaches......and of course a cup of coffee.
Or if I am in the mood I will fix some polenta.

2. French toast with pure maple syrup (I always make a trip every spring to the WV Mtns where they tap the trees and boil down the syrup and I buy a years supply, usually a half gal.) and a nice piece of fried ham. A side order of grits served with a wee bit of maple syrup on them.....and of course a cup of coffee.

Let me see if I've got this straight...

Full English Breakfast = heart attack on a plate.

Am I right?

muggle said:
A two part question:

1. What do you normally have for breakfast?

2. What is your favorite breakfast food?
1. English muffins, spread only with butter or toast with marmite. Oh, and a cup of Milo.

2. French toast. By far :D

muggle said:
A two part question:

1. What do you normally have for breakfast?

2. What is your favorite breakfast food?
1. Cereal or a bagel and fruit, and of course coffee!

2. I love breakfast food so it's a close call between scrambled eggs and hash browns and breakfast burritos.

Edit: After reading all these I can't believe no one has mentioned breakfast burritos! They're the greatest!!!

StillILearn said:
It's just a normal yeast spread that is made here. Most foreigners can't stand it - it can be quite strong, especially in sandwiches - and the black colour can be a little off-putting, but it's delicious, especially when spread on toast that is still hot enough that it has melted the butter and made the top soggy. Mmmm.. :eek:

It's a brand of hot chocolate here, but this stuff is for energy as well. Kinda a kid's version of coffee, but it tastes /much/ nicer.

Ronny said:
You don't want to know.
Aw, come on, they arn't /that/ bad :D

And milo :D

awww.homesick_kiwi.com_photos_drink_milo1.jpg

(as you can see from both of the packages, sports like netball and rubgy are a big thing there.. they pretty much rule the country...)

MonkeyCatcher said:
And milo :D

(as you can see from both of the packages, sports like netball and rubgy are a big thing there.. they pretty much rule the country...)

Milo...
Marmite...
net ball???

Where the heck are you fr... oh.

:D

Pfft... marmite. Such a poor substitute for Vegemite, which is the bestest spread in the world!! (Yes that does say 'concentrated yeast extract').

490603-01.big.jpg

And netball (which is foreign here in North America and that's totally bizarre because it's the biggest womens sport in Australia, and likely NZ I assume as well), is best described as being similar to basketball, except you can't dribble the ball (ie: you have to stop when you catch it) and people are confined to different areas of the court depending on their position. Oh, and there's no backboard on the ring, so it actually takes talent.

i never did coton to marmite/vegemite. my friend karita is from n.z and urgh. but milo, mmm loved that stuff.

MonkeyCatcher said:
It's just a normal yeast spread that is made here. Most foreigners can't stand it - it can be quite strong, especially in sandwiches - and the black colour can be a little off-putting, but it's delicious, especially when spread on toast that is still hot enough that it has melted the butter and made the top soggy. Mmmm.. :eek:
I adore Marmite - you have good taste :D

Kookamoor said:
Pfft... marmite. Such a poor substitute for Vegemite, which is the bestest spread in the world!! (Yes that does say 'concentrated yeast extract').
You blasmphemer!! :eek: Vegemite is gross.. way too sweet for me. Maaa - mite all the way ;) (there used to be an ad campaign in which sheep were used... I'll just be quiet now...)

And netball (which is foreign here in North America and that's totally bizarre because it's the biggest womens sport in Australia, and likely NZ I assume as well)
Yup, it most definately is. And would you care to remind me who won last time we played off.. the memory evades me.... ;) :p

Ice said:
I adore Marmite - you have good taste
phil_t said:
Marmite is damn spanking fine!!
See, Kook, see! :D

So Marmite & Vegimite are yeast spreads but they taste different? What's the difference between the two? Do they taste like anything else? Like when you say yeast spread I think of the smell stuff they make bread with.

Back