• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Brokeback Mountain

novella said:
Gawd, SFG, it's a short story that was published in The New Yorker (which you say you subscribe to) and was linked to on this site by me, in some thread about actual reading.

Alright, you got me there-I see your point.:eek: Some of the smaller works have been our BOTM successes.

StillILearn said:
Baddie, I'll ask you. Do you feel okay talking about your reaction to this movie a little bit more?

I feel okey about it, but I'm not sure what you wanna talk more about.

I went to school with a both girls and boys that today are homosexual. We aren't close friends today, but I always stop and talk with them if I run into them at the mal or at the bus. Guess you have worked out that I'm hetrofil after reading some of my postings. I consider myself as open minded and have nothing against people that have other sexualreferences then myself.

There is nothing more beautiful then two people that love each other. In my country its legal for homosexuals to get married, and I hope it some day will be legal all around the world (Bush you got a job to do here).

But I don't think so much of the homosexuals sexuallife. Must admit that I
find it easier/not so strange to think about two girls then two boys.

The movie took place in a time that homo/bisexuality wasn't accepted by the socity. It's horribel that you could be kild for being in love with someone with the same sex. This coused that both the maincharathers got married and got childeren, but they were frustration over not being able to live the life the wanted, and their family suffered under this.

One of the things I find hard to accept in life is people that live dubbel lifes, that goes behind their wife/husbanyd/girlfriend/boyfriends back. I would never forgive someone for doing that. In this case the socitity coused this situation and that makes me mad. I'm glad it's easier today, but we got alot of job to do in the future to.

(I'm sorry that my English isn't what it should be. Hope you understand most of my thoughts. I've thougth alot about the movie, but it's hard to express it in another language.)

Baddie said:
There is nothing more beautiful then two people that love each other.

I would tender three girls who love each other and don't have any curtains for your consideration. ;)

Baddie said:
Must admit that I find it easier/not so strange to think about two girls than two boys.

Me too! Why is that?

Sorry for lowering the tone. Stewart started it.

Back