• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bruce Campbell Fans?

I like him too. He doesn't get enough credit and respect, in my opinion. I've heard people talking how he would make a good Roland in the Dark Tower series in movie form. I'm still not convinced of that, though.
Me neither. For one thing, he's a little too... um... non-athletic these days. 10 years ago, absolutely.

His cameo in Spiderman 3 was the best thing about that movie, though.

Saw the 1997 movie Running Time, starring The Bruce, yesterday. Liked it. Interesting setup; like Hitchcock's The Rope, the whole movie is one long take (with some fairly obvious cuts every 7 minutes or so, obviously) and it all takes place in real time. Also, in glorious black and white. The story isn't quite as good as it might have been, but still works: guy gets out of jail and immediately meets up with some friends to pull off a new heist that immediately goes 20 shades of wrong, plus an old girlfriends shows up... it's almost like one of those Bruce Springsteen ballads where you know everyone's going to lose but you can't help but love them anyway. :star3:

Finally got to see My Name Is Bruce yesterday, in which Bruce Campbell the actor is kidnapped by a rabid fan to fight an actual real-life monster - specifically, the patron saint of tofu, who's running around a small mountain town chopping people's heads off. So after initially trying everything to weasel his way out of it, it's up to an overweight 50-ish actor to save the world with quippy one-liners, big guns, and possibly a chainsaw.

Beautiful movie. Lots of in-jokes for people who have followed Bruce's career, cameos by people from his classic movies (Ted Raimi does three, count'em, three roles), and Bruce himself has a blast playing a parody of himself as a bumbling, bitter asshole of a B movie actor who'll do anything to not have to go to Bulgaria and film Cave Alien IV. Yes, it's over the top and the low budget shows, but what also shows is the pure love that everyone involved has for the B movie; they take the silly plot and play it as straight as they can, with no attempt to subvert or ridicule the genre or make some sort of serious point; just have a lot of fun with it. :star4:

My Name is Bruce is at the top of my Netflix queue and I can't wait till Feb 10th when it becomes available.

Bruce Campbell is the King of Kings, that's how epic he is. He has a cameo in all of Sam Raimi's movies. I remember at the end of Darkman, if you look close, Liam Neeson's character transformed into Bruce Campbell.

"Hail to the King"

Back