• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Clichés In Fiction, Yuk!

I don't mind them so much as long as in not every two pages. There was this book that keep repeating that same phrase over and over and over again. I wanted to find the writer and beat her with the book.

I was pondering the whole dog barking thing yesterday. As I read the article, there was a dog barking in the distance. When I had my bath yesterday (yes, I do wash sometimes) there was a dog barking in the distance. When I went to bed (in a very good mood, thanks Aqua) there was a dog barking in the distance. Perhaps the author lives in cat land.

I am having trouble thinking of a time where I was out and about and there wasn't a dog barking somewhere.

There are certainly considerably more dogs round here than there is air conditioning. As I was reading it I knew I'd seen it in a lot of books, but also that it didn't bother me because most times it's a bit quiet I do hear a dog barking in the distance. So perhaps it's less of a cliche and more of a truism.

AquaB,
How goes the battle? Please don’t take this personally, but I think you are getting bent out of shape for no good reason when you post statements that are clear as mud and expect everyone to bend over backwards and see things your way. Despite the fact that people tell you time and again that you are barking up the wrong tree and wasting your time, you persist in arguing to your last breath.

Perhaps you believe that the squeaky wheel gets the grease or perhaps you are just thick as a brick. At the very least, you are stubborn as a mule and willing to stick it out to the bitter end, no matter what. Some of my best friends are stubborn, so I can relate. I only hope that you are being true blue in your sentiments and not trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

Maybe you’re just young and foolish. In your dreams, you think that if you try hard enough you will win friends and influence people. Au contraire. At this point in time, you are getting on everyone’s last nerve. I believe the rank and file feel you’ve overstayed your welcome and had more than your fair share of fifteen minutes of fame. In a nutshell, you need to take a look at yourself and change for the better. Is there a hidden agenda? Maybe you are bad to the bone and like being a burr under the saddle. If so, knock yourself out.

In a nutshell, you come across as either a pain in the ass or a babe in the woods. The jury's still out.

Last, but not least, a pearl of wisdom. Silence is golden. Have a nice day. :)

^^^

Edit for redundancy: Please replace one of the "in a nutshell" with "all in all".

Thank you for your understanding. Needless to say, it's not my finest hour.

^^^

Edit for redundancy: Please replace one of the "in a nutshell" with "all in all".

But which one? This is all so confusing.

Litany read the post again, trying to decide which nutshell felt more redundant. Somewhere in the distance a dog with a sore throat had a little nap and remembered happier times.

But which one? This is all so confusing.

Litany read the post again, trying to decide which nutshell felt more redundant. Somewhere in the distance a dog with a sore throat had a little nap and remembered happier times.
Feel free to sprinkle liberally. The beginning of any sentence will do. You could also substitute with needless to say (or did I use that one already).

AquaB,
How goes the battle? Please don’t take this personally, but I think you are getting bent out of shape for no good reason when you post statements that are clear as mud and expect everyone to bend over backwards and see things your way. Despite the fact that people tell you time and again that you are barking up the wrong tree and wasting your time, you persist in arguing to your last breath.

Perhaps you believe that the squeaky wheel gets the grease or perhaps you are just thick as a brick. At the very least, you are stubborn as a mule and willing to stick it out to the bitter end, no matter what. Some of my best friends are stubborn, so I can relate. I only hope that you are being true blue in your sentiments and not trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

Maybe you’re just young and foolish. In your dreams, you think that if you try hard enough you will win friends and influence people. Au contraire. At this point in time, you are getting on everyone’s last nerve. I believe the rank and file feel you’ve overstayed your welcome and had more than your fair share of fifteen minutes of fame. In a nutshell, you need to take a look at yourself and change for the better. Is there a hidden agenda? Maybe you are bad to the bone and like being a burr under the saddle. If so, knock yourself out.

In a nutshell, you come across as either a pain in the ass or a babe in the woods. The jury's still out.

I love you so much right now.

AquaB,

Love it.:D I thinik this post deserves a reward of some kind.:D

Love it.:D I thinik this post deserves a reward of some kind.:D
What did you have in mind?

chiangmaifalcon said:
What happened to the dog? Is it still barking? Someone please shut that dog up.
It was a mangy dog and he slithered into the dead of night, curled up and died never to be seen or heard from again.

But not to worry, somewhere, there is another dog barking.

Back