• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Coffee

leckert said:
They had the kind of crap you find at the Barns & Noble or Books-A-Million coffee shops. You know, croisannts, and bruoueoiugella (???) and a bunch of other crunchy-looking pastry craps that have some gay-sounding French name. (not that there's anything wrong with that!). They seemed to be pretty much "open the package and put it in the display case" kind of things. No biggie.

They had like grass skirts hanging in the windows. All the furniture (except the overstuffed chairs) were like bamboo. They definitely had the "theme" thing going. And they were playing like alternative (or pop, maybe?) rock. Stuff like Matchbox 20, or maybe Dave Matthews? Not too heavy, not too gay, but contemporary. definitely comfortable.

So then the question is.....with so many places around to get coffee from...will you go back to Badass?

...and what did you think of the Badass prices compared to Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks? I assume the price is closer to Starbucks than DD.

Ronny said:
Widowmaker, Huh? well hold on tight, yea haw, ride'em cowboy, I wonder if they would give me a job as a rodeo announcer?

Yeah, you know. I'm all that buff cowboy shit! :D
(I actually haven't been on a horse in more than a year, and "ruggedly handsome" is a nice way to say "it looks like I got in a fight" !:D)

Maybe they'd let you hide in the barrel and keep the bulls off of the cowboys?

Motokid said:
So then the question is.....with so many places around to get coffee from...will you go back to Badass?

...and what did you think of the Badass prices compared to Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks? I assume the price is closer to Starbucks than DD.

The price is definitely closer to Starbucks, but not too close. I had a 16oz regular coffee, and it was $2.65 I think. A Starbucks in this area would probably be over $3.00.

I don't think I would drive to Manassas just to get their coffee, because there are places closer to my home with comparable coffee. But, if I were in Manassas, I think I would choose them over anyone else. I definitely liked it better than Starbucks.

I also noticed that their bags of coffee beans seemed a little pricey. They had two sizes (not sure on the weight, though), and the small one was $22. (It could not have been more than a pound). I don't know what Starbucks sells theirs for, but I would not pay that for a pound of coffee. Guys like SirMyk might, though.

Maybe they'd let you hide in the barrel and keep the bulls off of the cowboys?

That is one job I have no interest in, no matter how much I like cowboys they are gonna have to face down their own bulls. Besides I look pretty cute in wranglers, stetson and boots and nobody would see me in the barrel :rolleyes:

leckert said:
They had two sizes (not sure on the weight, though), and the small one was $22. (It could not have been more than a pound). I don't know what Starbucks sells theirs for, but I would not pay that for a pound of coffee. Guys like SirMyk might, though.
Usually I pay between $9 and $16 for a pound on whole bean espresso. Anything higher than $16 should be laced with something. But, in a bind, I would pay $22 for a pound, since a pound lasts me about 1.5 to 2 months (on the drink-a-day diet)... still cheaper than $4.00 coffee at Starfucks.

sirmyk said:
Usually I pay between $9 and $16 for a pound on whole bean espresso. Anything higher than $16 should be laced with something. But, in a bind, I would pay $22 for a pound, since a pound lasts me about 1.5 to 2 months (on the drink-a-day diet)... still cheaper than $4.00 coffee at Starfucks.

I get my "Chock-Full-O-Nuts" for about $5.

mmmmm... good nuts!

leckert said:
I get my "Chock-Full-O-Nuts" for about $5
For some reason this stirred up a memory from the second Austin Powers movie, when he grabs the wrong pot of coffee in the lab and gives himself a "nutty coffee" mustache...

I guess I should watch those movies.

Mike Myers makes me sick (except the one on Halloween; he's cool!)

Usually, I enjoy my coffee iced and containing about 50% milk, plus 2 packets of sweet&low. I don't usually ever drink it hot, unless I have hot chocolate mix added to it. Yum! :p

lovermuffin said:
Usually, I enjoy my coffee iced and containing about 50% milk, plus 2 packets of sweet&low. I don't usually ever drink it hot, unless I have hot chocolate mix added to it. Yum! :p

Iced coffee is awesome!. :)

SFG75 said:
Iced coffee is awesome!. :)
Dude I know! It's just so cool! :p
Oh and as a side note, I must say I gave one of those female "awwww"'s after I saw how cute you and your kids look together! :D

lovermuffin said:
Dude I know! It's just so cool! :p
Oh and as a side note, I must say I gave one of those female "awwww"'s after I saw how cute you and your kids look together! :D

Thanks, they are quite something else. Reading time is something that I really look forward to. :)

Iced coffee is good, I would really be in business if I could convince the other half to buy the makings for iced chai-then it would be even better.

leckert said:
So, Moto...

Are you seriously considering this Bad Ass coffee thing?

Serious? Good question. I am always and forever on the hunt for a way to make more money, or better money. The list of things I've considered is pretty long and very broad. I've put more thought into business ownership than most people put into who they are getting married to I think.

Being an owner and not an employee has a wonderful sound to it.

My problem is the usual conservative bullshit of having a family, and being scared to risk what I've got now, for something I may or may not be able to cope with later. No one in my family has ever been anything but an employee.

It's brainwashed, engraved, tattooed, and burned into my very core.

I need a partner or two, or three to help divide up the risk.

Why...you interested? :D

Motokid said:
Why...you interested? :D

I think you and I are fighting the same battle. As I mentioned in another thread, I have tried a bunch of "opportunities", looking for a way to be an employer, not an employee.

It sounds like a pretty viable business, but I don't currently have the finances to be able to invest anything meaningful.

I would be more likely to just spend my allowance sitting in your place, drinking coffee!

well from very recent experience it is very scary. we just walk around holding our breath a lot these days however, matt has never been happier. we were both raised in homes where everyone works for themselves. it was the natural next step for us. a scary step.

It is very scary, my parents have owned a few companies and some have done well and they've sold for big profits but one my mom lost tons of money on, almost went to jail and we lost our home, everything when it went down, due to some of her partners so if you partner up be very careful about it.

Back