• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Coffee

Motokid

Do you drink it? How often? How many cups a day/week? What do you put in it? Ever had Iced Coffee?

Do you consider yourself addicted to it?

Who, or where makes the best coffee?

Has anybody ever had Badass Coffee Company's coffee? If so, what'd ya think about it. I've played around with the idea of buying into a franchise, and the Badass idea is at the top of my list. I love the name, the concept, the "exotic" appeal of Hawiian Kona coffee....

I usually treat myself to Dunkin Donut's coffee every Friday morning on my way into work. Cream and suger in mine. No goofy flavors...

We have a perculator at home for weekends, but I've been playng with the idea of a French Press. Does it make a difference?

I drink about 5 mugs a day, black or white depending on the time of the day and the quality of the coffee, with sugar, no other flavourings. I like iced coffee in summer but only for black coffee. Put the ice first and then pour the coffee over and make sure it's really icy cold.

What is a French press?

I drink it everyday, about 6 cups is the norm, flavored coffee with flavored creamer. I often Ice it in the summer. My favorite coffee place is Coffee People in Portland they make the best coffee shakes, emmm. I do think I'm completely hooked on it. I love coffee in all forms and as for the french press I use one when I go camping and they seem to make a bit stronger of a coffee.

Oh and I haven't heard of Badass Coffee but I like the name, if I saw one I would probably have to go try it.

Do you drink it? How often? How many cups a day/week? What do you put in it? Ever had Iced Coffee?
YES!, a lot, 9-14 cups a day. I love hazelnut flavored creamer made by Coffee-Mate. Yes, Iced coffee is awesome.

Do you consider yourself addicted to it?
Yes, I'm on a 12 step program and I relapse frequently :p

Who, or where makes the best coffee?
Coffee-houses that utilize African(Kenyan or Ethiopian) arabica beans. Stay away from the robusta beans by any company, absolutely garbage coffee.

I usually treat myself to Dunkin Donut's coffee every Friday morning on my way into work. Cream and suger in mine. No goofy flavors...

No starbucks!!. :eek: You poor soul, please go find a regular coffee-house, you have no idea what you're missing. :eek:

Ronny said:
Oh and I haven't heard of Badass Coffee but I like the name, if I saw one I would probably have to go try it.

here's their webpage: http://www.badasscoffee.com/index.php

I think the name is very modern,and has great marketing appeal to young adults...surely would stick in your mind if you happened to see one...plus the image of all things surfing and Hawiian and island exotic....

i LOVE coffee. it's my favorite drink. that said, i only drink one cup per day at the most because my doc insists that the caffeine is what's giving me heart palpitations, and it's easier to keep my teeth white when i don't drink a lot. i don't do the flavoured thing either, and percolated is definitely the best (drip doesn't do the job well enough, and i haven't tried french press). i don't do starbucks etc, normally just drink home/office brewed. my boss recently gave me some Kona "gold" beans to try at home- best coffee i ever had. smooth and fresh tasting, deeply flavourful.

not a fan of straight iced coffee, but i do like starbucks fraps and tim hortons iced capps.

Starbucks is too expensive and not on my morning route into work....what is it about the African arabica beans? How do they compare to Kona?

SFG75 said:
No starbucks!!. :eek: You poor soul, please go find a regular coffee-house, you have no idea what you're missing. :eek:

i find starbucks coffee AWFUL! i think it tastes like tar, PLUS it has something like 80% more caffeine in it than regular home brewed (tim hortons has 30% more). and if you've ever bought anything topped with "whipped cream" and let it melt, you'll find half an inch of oil on the top of your drink. i'm not a health nut, but you may as well just shove the cup into an artery. nasty business

SFG75 said:
Coffee-houses that utilize African(Kenyan or Ethiopian) arabica beans. Stay away from the robusta beans by any company, absolutely garbage coffee.

In a quick interweb read, I found that arabica beans are grown at higher altitude and are considered to be of higher quality, yet the robusta, while lessor quality, and grown at lower altitudes, has a higher caffeine level...so depending on what you are drinking coffee for, taste, or the coffee/caffeine buzz you may want to investigate your beans of choice....

I wonder what Dunkin Donuts uses?

Kona does seem to be a popular blend, I remember when we set up a new coffee service at work Kona received the most votes and ended up being our worktime brew. I like the name as I already said and The site looked really nice, well put together. How much have you researched your market? If you are really buying into a franchise have you looked into the statistics on coffee stands/shops in your target area? We had a client that got in on the first Crispy Creme franchises when they started spreading them out of the south and made a nice tidy fortune.

Ronny said:
Kona does seem to be a popular blend, I remember when we set up a new coffee service at work Kona received the most votes and ended up being our worktime brew. I like the name as I already said and The site looked really nice, well put together. How much have you researched your market? If you are really buying into a franchise have you looked into the statistics on coffee stands/shops in your target area? We had a client that got in on the first Crispy Creme franchises when they started spreading them out of the south and made a nice tidy fortune.

I never got quite that serious. Dunkin Donuts are growing like weeds around here. I have about 5 of them in a 5 minute drive radius from my house. 2 of them I can walk to in less than 10 minutes.

I would need a partner too, and finding one of those isn't all that easy either.
Just a pipe dream along with a few 1000 others I've had....

Back