• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Coffee

leckert, there is now an entire lifestyle associated with the Rich Dad/Poor Dad world....books, games, videos....

go here: http://www.richdad.com/

His main thing is investing in real estate, but he also is very pro-entrepreneur and business-ownership. Sort of a "be the captian of your ship" not "just be a passenger on somebody elses ship" philosophy.

Start with looking for the original book "Rich Dad/Poor Dad" and if you find that book to be enlightening, you'll have plenty of reading opportunities for the next few months. I think there are well over 10 books now.

I hope you look into this, cause I'd love to get into some threads on this stuff.

I will definitely check out the book.

This sounds like the philosophy taught by some of the "better" MLMs and "get rich quick" business I have been in/checked out. They really drive home the "be your own boss" issue, and I have definitely learned that employeeism is not the way to go.

When I talk to my daughter (10 yo) about her future, I never ask her "what she wants to do". I ask her "what kind of business do you want to own?". My parents bred me to work hard for the man, and maybe, if he's in the mood, he will "take care of you". It wasn't until I reached my late 20's that I discovered the flaw in that thinking. Unfortunately, by then I was steeped in debt and had invested ten years in "career development". The further we go along our career path before realizing we need to be self employed, the harder it is to make the transition. Mostly because there is a growing salary to compensate for, and benefits become more important as we get older and have families.

I will most likely be purchasing this book over the weekend. Thanks for the tips. I am sure we will have many a lively thread on this subject, as it is close to my heart.

so... weren't we supposed to be talking about coffee? :D

yep...coffee...I'm seeking info from members of a motorcycle forum I attend (and yes, I've managed to not get banned from that one) about Badass Coffee. So far I've got one response, and it was very positive. Dude said the coffee rocked.

Is it true about some of the major coffee chains having nicotene in their coffee? I've heard it said about Tim Hortons *a lot*. It's probably just an urban myth, but has anyone else heard this?

I'm not a fan of Tim Hortons coffee at all, but Starbucks is okay, although I prefer good italian coffee which just isn't as readily available as it is in Oz. When you go to a restaurant at home, they usually have real coffee makers whether they are a specialty coffee shop or not. Here, it seems that most places just have a percolator (bluk!!). There is also *way* more caffeine in the coffee here, which gives me stomach rot. I only drink tea in Canada. English breakfast, not that Earl Grey/Orange Pekoe crap. Actually, Orange Pekoe is a grade of tea, so I'm not quite sure how it became a flavour of its own...

No, Timmy's doesn't have any nicotene in their coffee... I should know. After inhaling the fumes for 9 hours a day, I hate the stuff as much now as I did before I started working there. Definitely no addictive chemicals added.

I agree with you that English Breakfast is a great tea. I like Earl Grey too, there isn't really much difference in my opinion. If you want a tastier alternative, try Chai tea. Very yummy!

dele said:
No, Timmy's doesn't have any nicotene in their coffee... I should know. After inhaling the fumes for 9 hours a day, I hate the stuff as much now as I did before I started working there. Definitely no addictive chemicals added.
But couldn't it be in the coffee grounds they send? That's my friend's conspiracy theory, and she works there too! Tims has a very distinctive taste, you can't deny it. Since I stopped drinking it (went back to Oz) I can't stand it.

Coffee tastes like dirty water no matter how you make you... I still don't buy the caffeine theory, although some of our regulars make it seem pretty plausible.

dele said:
Coffee tastes like dirty water no matter how you make you... I still don't buy the caffeine theory, although some of our regulars make it seem pretty plausible.

You've got to be kidding!. :eek: Get some caramel truffle millstone coffee and you'll find out otherwise IMHO. :cool:

SFG75 said:
You've got to be kidding!. :eek: Get some caramel truffle millstone coffee and you'll find out otherwise IMHO. :cool:
That sounds too rich. I'll stick with my tea.

leckert said:
So WHY WOULD YOU POST ON A THREAD CALLED

"COFFEE" ?!?

my God, people!

:D
This is a book forum? ****, what am I even doing here? I thought this was the place to leave complaints against Starbucks...

As a side note... tea is for :mad:

leckert - I see the smiley, but I've gotta comment anyway. Coffee and tea go together. If someone's talking about coffee, the subject of tea is inevitably just a short segue away. After all, if you go about to visit, you are usually asked, "Tea or coffee?" It's a bit like having a discussion about the merits of salt in your dinner, and then poo-pooing anyone who dares to suggest that pepper may also be an option.

BTW, when I was talking about coffee in Australia earlier, I meant to say that it's almost all made with an expresso machine, whereas in Canada I've found it's all percollated. Expresso good, percolated bad (stomach rot and coffee shi*s :( ). Does anyone know what the difference in caffeine content is?

Kookamoor said:
Coffee and tea go together.

No, they don't. Whenever my dad saw me drinking tea, he ask me if I wasn't feeling well. If it was up to him, tea would be kept in the medicine cabinet, not with coffee.:D

clueless said:
No, they don't. Whenever my dad saw me drinking tea, he ask me if I wasn't feeling well. If it was up to him, tea would be kept in the medicine cabinet, not with coffee.:D

Yeah, I gotta side with Clueless, here!

Coffee and tea do definitely NOT go together!

(obviously, I'm just engaging in a little chop-busting here!)

When I think tea, I think barefoot hippies sitting cross-legged chanting and meditating on the thoughts of the forest. :D

(no offense to any cross-legged, barefoot hippies out there!)

Back