• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Current Non-Fiction reads

The Jigsaw Man - The autobiography of forensic psychologist Paul Britton; one of the foremost offender profilers in the world. Britton has been involved in some of the most high profile cases in the U.K.--the murder of Jamie Bulger, notorious House of Horror...to name but two. A fascinating read and insightful glimpse into the early days of criminal profiler and its evolution.

For the U.S. equivalent, I can highly recommend Mind Hunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit by John Douglas.

Thanks muchly, sparkchaser, suggestions are always welcome. Title and author duly noted. :)

I thought you were the one who posted about this book. Anyway, it's an interesting read.:innocent:

I looked yesterday and found a thread related to it, the book you referenced was brought in to the discussion and you posted something like "hey!, I'll have to check that out!" Glad to be an indirect influence in my own way. :lol:

Now that my semester is over and I can read whatever I want. I decided to pick up "The Third Chimpanzee"

Jared Diamond writes science in lay words for anyone to understand. He throws is some jabs at Anthropologists and Archaeologists just for laughs....so far so good

The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow. I'm only a quarter way through the book, but already finding it an engrossing and thought provoking book.

Cambridge Latin Course Book IV--I've decided to get back into my Latin studies.

Les Carlyon's, Gallipoli--A well researched history of the campaign on the Gallipoli Pennisula...particularly the ANZAC involvement.

Unsinkable

Just finished reading Unsinkable, the story of 16-year old Abby Sunderland's attempt to sail solo round the world and her shipwreck and rescue in the Indian Ocean. It's a portrait of courage, adventure and of a young woman overcoming huge odds to make a dream come true. Here's a link: http://dld.bz/YRZE

I am reading about Philosophy & Meditation, thanks to Marie-Madeleine Davy. Her books balance the mind and soul .
- La Montagne et sa symbolique .
- L'homme intérieur et ses métamorphoses .
- L'oiseau et sa symbolique .

awww.images_chapitre.com_ima3_newbig_795_1007795_4574674.jpg

Last edited:
Les Glaciers Du Haut ARC ( Savoie, France de 1850 à Nos Jours ) - Sylvain Jobard .
Histoire pittoresque de la paléontologie - Claude Babin .
Géologie Alpine - Cartes Géologiques de la France: Écrins au Queyras, Chamonix, Pyrénées - BRGM .

Last edited:
Behind the Mask of Innocence-Sex, Violence, Prejudice, Crime: Films of Social Conscience in the Silent Era by Kevin Brownlow. So far proving to be a worthwhile purchase and read.

Géologie - Questions de réflexion, Exercices d'entraînement, Problèmes ....
Systématique, paléontologie et biologie évolutive moderne, Michel Laurin .
Reconnaître et décoder les traces d'animaux - Manuel d'Ichnologie, Muriel Chazel et Luc Chazel .
La méthode de Zadig - La trace, le fossile, la preuve Claudine Cohen .

Last edited:
Géologie - Questions de réflexion, Exercices d'entraînement, Problèmes ....
Systématique, paléontologie et biologie évolutive moderne, Michel Laurin .
Reconnaître et décoder les traces d'animaux - Manuel d'Ichnologie, Muriel Chazel et Luc Chazel .
La méthode de Zadig - La trace, le fossile, la preuve Claudine Cohen .

Geology and Paleontology? COOL!

I am an avid amateur fossil collector and I am always on the lookout for new reference books. :D

Back