• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Dantes. I ordered it from the library. I know poetry has to be savoured but I'm not that good at it, also I keep having to looks stuff up. Just cus it's short doesn't mean it's quick, you have to keep stopping to think about it.

kskyhappy said:
am very jealous of all you who are reading catch 22 for the first time - what a book! I ruined a trip to sweden reading that book! ksky

Me too (sept the Sweden part though I'd love to go there) It's on my very long list as I have only ever read short parts of it.

i'm reading james patterson's latest novel, 3rd degree. it's the third book in his women's murder club series. i like the book but i loved "second chance" more. any james patterson fan out there? :)

I'm currently reading Ed McBain's The Mugger (and if you're reading this Martin - and I swear you're stalking me - IT'S NOT ABOUT PHILADELPHIA!) :p

Huh?!

I have no idea what you're on about, you silly woman!

'scuse me, gotta go . . .
11.gif

Cheers, Martin :D

I'm a third of the way through Disquiet Heart by Randall Silvas. It's the sequel to On Night's Shore that I read not long ago & enjoyed. It's a historical "thriller" about E.A.Poe and his street urchin sidekick Auggie.
BUT, The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks arrived in today's mail so it looks like I'll be alternating between the two.

RaVeN

wasp factory

interested to see what you think of the wasp factory? not read it for a while but the mood of it is still with me, if you know what i mean.

ksky

kskyhappy said:
interested to see what you think of the wasp factory? not read it for a while but the mood of it is still with me, if you know what i mean.

ksky

It certainly gave me all sorts of ideas on how to entertain my annoying cousins when they came to visit.

Boo!

Just bought a book called Haunted Castles of Britain and Ireland. There's a few in there from Scotland and Wales as well. It's a pretty kewl book. Has pix of the castles and then a little story about the ghost that haunts them. I know we have members here in the UK. Does anyone know anything about Monea Castle in N. Ireland? I've looked it up on the web already, but I was wondering if anyone local knew anything more. I went there, and I swear that castle is haunted. But not by a mean-spirited spirit. :)

What are you reading

Serene said:
What are you reading? Would you recommend it, why or why not?

I am reading "Slaves in America". I just finnished The Covenant for a bookring on Bookcrossings, so I haven't had too much time to read this book. So far I fined it very interresting. : :eek:

Jenna said:
Just bought a book called Haunted Castles of Britain and Ireland. There's a few in there from Scotland and Wales as well.

I take it Glamis Castle has a chapter all to itself? There must be about a hundred ghost stories circling around that place.

Mile-O-Phile said:
I take it Glamis Castle has a chapter all to itself? There must be about a hundred ghost stories circling around that place.

Yup, there's a section on Glamis. But it only mentions the ghost of Lady Campbell and Earl Beardie. Although, Sir Walter Scott said of Glamis: "I began to consider myself as too far from the living and somewhat too near the dead."

Have you been there?

Late last night I started The House of Leaves. I got past the first chapter and so far seems good :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

I finally got through the first book of Otherland. I shall most definitely not be reading the other three. Not unless I have an urgent need to fall into a coma. With a little judicious editing they could probably be saved. All four books whittled down into one 600p book would probably be something quite wonderful. As they currently stand though, too much waffle and not nearly enough story.

Have now started on Assassin's Apprentice, Robin Hobb. Another author whose books have been on the shelves for years that I've never bothered with reading. Ok so far, fairly standard fantasy fare. But with such a name, I've got my hopes up for some helpful hints and tips on hemlock and spork subtefuge.

Finished Memoirs of a Geisha which I thought was very good, and I'm currently 50 pages into Ian M Banks's Against a Dark Background. Unfortunately, I'm not enjoying the book thus far- the 1st chapter (after the prologue) stinks of clumsy info dumping with the recounting of the character's service record. The author seems to be trying too hard to portray 'macho woman' but has thus far failed to convince me. Hopefully, the book'll get better in the next few chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back