• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D Glad you have seen the lord lol

My bush has been burning ever since I started haning around the docks late at night ;)

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
The last fantasy that I read was a few months ago, the broken sword I enjoyed that a lot. It was all based on Norse myth, even more so that LOTR.

regards
SillyWabbit

I enjoy a good Norse myth, much more than a pirate story but not nearly as much as an American Indian story. :D

Who's the author?

RaVeN

SillyWabbit said:
:D Glad you have seen the lord lol

My bush has been burning ever since I started haning around the docks late at night ;)

Regards
SillyWabbit

Crab fishing again? I suggest a bic lighter & an ice pick :eek:

RaVeN

Just finished The Scar ... arrrrrrrrrrrr :D It was good, but im starting to get the feeling that China Mieville doesnt know how to end her books with anything but an anticlimax :(

Next up - Gawd knows :) Maybe - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime

Phil

I envy you guys who are reading To Kill a Mockingbird for the first time.

Over vacation, finished the Wind Up Bird Chronicles (excellent, tho irritated that a few characters went AWOL before the ending) and am now into the 2nd girly historical romance by Susan Wiggs. :eek:

Decided on reading Peter David's Sir Apropos of Nothing....but it's probably going to take me forever to read, with exams, moving, planning a bridal shower, sitting in on classes, and working all in progress at the moment.

just finished "survivor" by Chuck, started "hard boiled wonderland" murakami.

survivor was first rate, though as the book went on i had trouble "believing" or even empathising with the characters which made it a little hard to be shocked by the revelations as they came (some predictably). However, it's the first book for ages that i couldn't put down, so a good light plot read. Full of good house keeping tips. i think choke was better.

people who liked this will like "the wasp factory" by iain banks and vice versa. also reminded me of another book i did an author event with, have to check my library - get back to you on that one.

ksky

phil_t said:
Next up - Gawd knows :) Maybe - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime

Phil

It's very good! [Mrs Doyle mode] Go on, go on, go on, go on ... [/Mrs Doyle mode] :)

Just finished The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood. Very good book, but it's put me into a bit of a glum fug. Half sad that I finished it, and half sad because it wasn't the happiest of stories. Currently choosing the next book from the hefty stack. Think it's going to be Colours In The Steel - K J Parker. Read the Scavenger Trilogy and that was full of people getting chopped up with swords, and seeing as how this one's the first in The Fencer Trilogy, it should hopefully be more of the same.

Nothing better for cheering me up than lots of swashes getting buckled and gizzards being slit. If they were just pirates instead of soldiers, and sporks instead of swords, it'd be perfect. But seeing as it's unlikely that anyone else is going to write that story for me, I suppose I'll have to get round to writing it myself, and in the meantime settle for mindless violence of the more usual varieties.

I have read the first book in the Scavenger Trilogy. After all the rave reviews and saying this is the next big thing, I was very disappointed! For me, personally, it was terrible!!! I absolutly hated that book :)

I was SO bored! The character was totally one dimensional. The book never got anywhere at all. I lost my memory but don't really care. Let's have a battle. I lost my memory and still don't care. Let's have another fight. I lost my memory. Let's have a fight. I lost my memory. Lets have a fight. Look somebody mysterious that might know who I am. Oops, they got killed in the fight I just had. Oh well. Let's have another fight. Now i'm no closer to knowing who I am but still don't really care. Oh look somebody has mistaken me for somebody I might be. Let's have another fight... :eek:

Sorry for the rant! I had to get that off my chest :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

So, Silly Wabbit, you will not be rushing off to read the next two in the trilogy? :(

Am I right? Or Am I right?

Hobitten :)

SillyWabbit said:
I was SO bored! The character was totally one dimensional. The book never got anywhere at all. I lost my memory but don't really care. Let's have a battle. I lost my memory and still don't care. Let's have another fight. I lost my memory. Let's have a fight. I lost my memory. Lets have a fight. Look somebody mysterious that might know who I am. Oops, they got killed in the fight I just had. Oh well. Let's have another fight. Now i'm no closer to knowing who I am but still don't really care. Oh look somebody has mistaken me for somebody I might be. Let's have another fight... :eek:
Wow...sounds like such a well thought-out plot. ;) I think I'll be avoiding this trilogy.

It's not at all one dimensional. I really like the books. Of course, I'm easily swayed by violence.

I finished To Kill a Mockingbird a few days ago. There aren't many books that I re-read but that will be one of them.

It's nice to read something that finally almost lives up to it's hype. I think it'll stay with me for some time.

I'm now into The Space Machine by Christopher Priest.

RaVeN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back