• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently reading Steven Pressfield's Gates of Fire. Thus far it's above average, though not quite living up to its hype. I've not gotten to the meat of it yet though- the beginining 50 pages or so smacks of filler to me.

I am presently reading The Elder Gods by Eddings also reading Haunted by Dorah L. Williams. As always I am completly captivated by Eddings and would recommend it to others. Haunted is good and simple read could be interesting for others who like the world of paranormal and ghosts.

The South Beach Diet - seems to have some good info and can actually be followed. Next week, I actually start trying to lose that 10 pounds I picked up over the last year.

In Camelot's Shadow by Sarah Zettel. Nice, easy read, romance involving Gawain and a spunky heroine. Don't know how memorable it will be, but it's fun so far.

Fluffy Bunny, I *urge* you to continue with Gates of Fire. I was in floods at the end of that book.

I am currently reading Grim Tuesday by Garth Nix and enjoying it thoroughly :)

Ewww, the South Beach Diet!! :eek:

Hmm .. this morning for breakfast you must eat: 1 piece wheat toast, ten prunes
For lunch you must eat: 1 bran muffin, Fruit Juice
For Dinner you must eat: Plain Chicken, Rice

Mmmmmm, satisfying :D

Phil

phil_t said:
Ewww, the South Beach Diet!! :eek:

Hmm .. this morning for breakfast you must eat: 1 piece wheat toast, ten prunes
For lunch you must eat: 1 bran muffin, Fruit Juice
For Dinner you must eat: Plain Chicken, Rice

Mmmmmm, satisfying :D

Phil
LOL, but no, on the South Beach diet you eat lean meat, low fat cheese, and non-starchy veggies for 2 weeks. After that, you get to add 1 serving of carbs and 1 of fruit.

When I realized the hard part would be giving up alcohol for 2 weeks, I decided I may need to consider whether or not I'm an alcoholic. :eek:

About half-way through Deception On His Mind by Elizabeth George and getting back into The Cure for Death by Lightning.

Trying to decide on my next read, but can't quite decide among:
  • The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan
  • Good Omens OR
  • Manchurian Candidate by Richard Condon
Thought I might save Good Omens for my vacation, but it sure is calling my name. :D

Ell

I've read both the Bonesetter's Daughter & Good Omens...both are excellent, but I'd say Good Omens is the better vacation book.

Done with Garth Nix (that's the best thing about kiddie's fiction - it's very fast to get through).

Now reading a non-fiction book called The Tomb of God - it's like a treasure hunt through old parchment and works of art using esoteric geometry. Pretty cool :) . Linked to similar theories as those espoused by TDVC - yes, yes, I've got it in my system at the moment!

Just finished rereading Michael Marshall Smith's Only Forward yesterday, which was still as brilliant as I remembered it to be, and this morning, on the bus to University, I finally got started on Yann Martel's Life of Pi, which I'm enjoying sofar.

Cheers, Martin

Just finished Ella Enchanted, which is cute.

Now onto Peter David's Howling Mad, which should be different and entertaining.

Niccolo Machiavelli's 'The Prince' is my current read. Although Machiavelli gets a bad press, essentially he was simply prepared to take utilitarianism to its logical (and sometimes horrifying, it has to be said) extremes, at a time when Italy was in constant political instability and imbalance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back