• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stewart said:
Started Saturday, by Ian McEwan, this morning.

Stewart, Would you post what you think of it please, I have been ummin n arrring about getting 'Saturday' (spent such a lot on books) :D
I have to ummm n arrr first now :eek:
thanks x

Currently reading Soft Power by Joseph S. Nye Jr. He's the head man at the Harvard Kennedy school of government. He proposes that the U.S. focus more on cultivating better relationships with other nations through becoming a mecca of encouraging and hosting negotiations, as well as providing aid to others. Right now, I'm to the part where he argues that "hard" power can undermine the "soft" power that certain nations have. A very interesting read thus far.

Also reading Grapes of Wrath, though I left my book at work this weekend. :(

The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham.

From Library Journal
This classic sf novel traces the fate of the world after a comet shower blinds most of the world's population. The few with sight must struggle to reconstruct society while fighting mobile, flesh-eating plants called triffids.

I've only read a few pages, but it's enjoyable so far.

My copy of Don Quixote kinda ended up in the bath, and whilst its drying out i've started As I Lay Dying - Faulkner, only a couple pages in but it has my interest.

Gem said:
My copy of Don Quixote kinda ended up in the bath, and whilst its drying out i've started As I Lay Dying - Faulkner, only a couple pages in but it has my interest.
Haha :D Can't say that I've ever had that happen, but we only had a bath when we were younger.

I'm in the middle of In the Province of Saints, by Thomas O'Malley. I stayed up late last night because it was hard to put down. So, if I nod off in church this morning, I can blame Mr. O'Malley ;0)

I am so ashamed! :eek: It's been two months, and I have not even reached the half-way point of Crime and Punishment! Due to the tiring demands of school, reading for leisure is not anymore common in my daily life. :(

Hi I am new to the forum but wanted to post that i am currently reading the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich

I start Crow Lake by Mary Lawson tonight, I bought it and it's been sitting there taunting me, while I finished The Way The Crow Flies. It's looking to be good.

mom2kngr said:
Hi I am new to the forum but wanted to post that i am currently reading the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich
Welcome to the forum :) . You may want to introduce yourself in the new member's section so that you can be properly welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back