• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raven,

Have you read any Priest before? I understand A Dream of Wessex is supposed to be one of his best, along with The Glamour

Finally finished Sir Apropos of Nothing, which I enjoyed quite a bit.

Now onto a quick cozy mystery, Mrs. Malory and Death by Water by Hazel Holt.

Next, I'll probably head back to Pratchett.

Skycat said:
Raven,

Have you read any Priest before? I understand A Dream of Wessex is supposed to be one of his best, along with The Glamour

No, this is a first for me. I'm only half way through but enjoying it very much. Thanks for the tip Skycat. I'll look into them.

RaVeN

I have read The Prestige by him and it was DAMN great book. I read a collection of his short stories very recently, but I was a little disappointed in them. The writing was great, but the stories themselves, not so good :)

I would recommend him very highly, tho. :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

Just finished Crusade by Anselm Wossisface which sucked in ways that Dyson can only dream of, and am now onto the Earthsea Quartet. Only about a hundred pages in so far. Seems ok so far...

Litany said:
Just finished Crusade by Anselm Wossisface which sucked in ways that Dyson can only dream of, and am now onto the Earthsea Quartet. Only about a hundred pages in so far. Seems ok so far...

Really liked Earthsea :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
Really liked Earthsea :)
Well, I've done the first book and I'm into the second. The first read a lot like an old folktale, which was alright to begin with, but for a whole book it can get a bit tiring. It left the characters feeling a little one dimensional. I wasn't too impressed with the ending, you could see it coming a mile off. The second book seems better so far. Plenty of mean spirited bitches so far, which is always a good sign. :)

SillyWabbit said:
lol yeah, I remember! That's the one in the temple, right?
Aye, that's the chappy. Not very far into it, but I assume there's a lesbian pillow fight coming up soon, right?

Very cool - even the page numbers.

Welcome, by the way. Why that name? (Means 'I fight', doesn't it?)

Cheers, Martin :cool:

Martin said:
Very cool - even the page numbers.

Welcome, by the way. Why that name? (Means 'I fight', doesn't it?)

Cheers, Martin :cool:

Yeah, I gave the page numbers as reference to how far I am in case anyone was wondering.

Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

The name does indeed mean "I fight" and I pretty much use it for personal reasons.

Reading ASH - A Secret History By Mary Gentle. This has been sitting on my shelf for YEARS! I started it once, got a few pages in and it was not calling me, so put it down. It was mentioned here by Litany, I think, and reminded me I had it. As I say, been meaning to get to it for a long while. We will see :D I am reading coz I want a total change from last read. A bit of buckling of the swash is always welcome!

Regards
SillyWabbit

Last time I posted in this thread, I was reading the 5th book in the Left Behind series and have since completed the 9th.

I'm currently reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I haven't really been sucked into it yet. I guess I'm in the dreaded religion portion of the book at the moment, about 50 or so pages into the book. Still, it's pretty good. I can't wait to finish it so that I can read the thread about it and put in my two cents.

SillyWabbit said:
Reading ASH - A Secret History By Mary Gentle. This has been sitting on my shelf for YEARS! I started it once, got a few pages in and it was not calling me, so put it down. It was mentioned here by Litany, I think, and reminded me I had it.

Someone else mentioned it before me, but I have indeed read it. Lots of swashes to be buckled, but it does get a little odd at times. And there were some bits further towards the end that I struggled through, but there are so many good fight scenes. Everyone loves a wench with a sword and a bad attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back