• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dan Brown: The Da Vinci Code

Here's brevity for you.

Stewart. What can I say except I don't think I like you very much. I won't insult you because you're clearly a craftsman with words and could "rip me a new one", as they say. Nevertheless...

Oh yeah and I can't wait for the movie to come out!

drmjwdvm said:
Stewart. What can I say except I don't think I like you very much. I won't insult you because you're clearly a craftsman with words and could "rip me a new one", as they say. Nevertheless...

Oh yeah and I can't wait for the movie to come out!
Jeez, didn't you see the moderator's warning about slating people in this thread?

Halo said:
Anyway, I'd just like to remind everyone to make sure their comments in this discussion do not become personal insults. Thank you.
Okay, but in my book, that was a "personal insult".

well, hats off to you Stewart! you've made me realise, yet again, why i don't usually post to forum sites.. thankyou, i can now take this site off my list of possibles..

zen said:
well, hats off to you Stewart! you've made me realise, yet again, why i don't usually post to forum sites.. thankyou, i can now take this site off my list of possibles..
Is there really any need for such histrionics? :rolleyes:

zen said:

Perhaps zen, you just haven't found the right forum yet?

Please feel free to check these types of opinions at another forum and maybe you'll find a more entertaining place to play? Or maybe just one that's more your style? :D

Hate it or Love it

Hate it or love it this book sure has got us talking(or arguing). After all isn't that the point?:)

I guess it is the point. But there are already 458 Dan Brown threads and a similar number of The Da Vinci Code (which, incidentally, is 4 words, not 3 or even 2...) threads.

No, it's just that Janet Maslin is a film critic, not a literary critic. Presumably she thought she was reviewing a screenplay (which in a way she was). I doubt Michiko Kakutani would have given it much leeway. Still, with the late John Cheever as her father-in-law, she should still know better.

zen said:

Please can we have a no flouncing rule added to the Membership Agreement?

So Stewart takes the time and makes the effort to reply to all the pro-Brown posts in turn, some of which were highly insulting (like Bountyhunter's) or sarcastic (like zen's), and this is behaviour sufficient to drive members away?

Of course, not that zen will be around to see this. :rolleyes:

Shade you have a good point and Stewart had many. Of course there are a multitude of flaws with the book and Stewart did argue them well. It just seemed that Stewart's post had an undercurrent of insult to the readers, those that liked the book, as well as to the book itself. I didn't think that was very nice. As a new member I apparently haven't witnessed the insults from the pro Dan Brown side and in retrospect I'm sure they were just as ugly. Geez It's just a book.

I hold my ground that this was a good yarn despite its "flaws".

Back