• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Deep Fryers

Motokid said:
it for sure does not make my mouth water with anticipation...and I do love a good pickle....

plus...I can't stand guiness....

really? i am so surprised. ok so i am taking that off the menu for when you come visit.

anyone like fried green tomatoes? I was curious about them after watching the movie of the same title. I found that it depends on the batter ingredients. The restaurant that made the ones I like has gone out of business. I'm sure my doctor would be happy about that, since my cholesterol needs lowering. :D

Miss Shelf said:
anyone like fried green tomatoes? I was curious about them after watching the movie of the same title. I found that it depends on the batter ingredients. The restaurant that made the ones I like has gone out of business. I'm sure my doctor would be happy about that, since my cholesterol needs lowering. :D

My mom makes them. It is all about the batter, and the bite of the green tomatoes.

I love them!

novella said:
Hey, guess what? I looked it up and you use both! Eggs and crumbs! :D

I really should have done that before I ventured out on my own.

My arrogance will kill me one day.

:D

jenngorham said:
really? i am so surprised. ok so i am taking that off the menu for when you come visit.

I'd like to try the pickle thing.

With a Miller High Life, though.

leckert said:
My mom makes them. It is all about the batter, and the bite of the green tomatoes.

I love them!

Can you Fed Ex me some? Excuse me while I go wipe the drool from my chin. :D

Motokid said:
What's in the batter?

I guess she doesn't use a batter, really...

Mom just dips them in egg, then flour, then egg, then flour again.

I think she just puts salt, pepper, and garlic in the flour.

Pretty simple, really, and the double-dipping makes them very batter-ific!

When I do them, I add a little paprica, and do them on the stove in a cast-iron skillet with bacon grease.

Miss Shelf said:
Can you Fed Ex me some? Excuse me while I go wipe the drool from my chin. :D

Okay, we need to make one thing perfectly clear...

LARRY (like Joey) DOES NOT SHARE FOOD!

:D

sorry.

We also need to clear up something else....this thread is about DEEP Frying....not pan frying....

You need gallons of oil not a cup...you need a large propane tank....not a stove....this ain't no sissie stuff here ladies....this is man's fryin'....

right leckert.....high five....

Motokid said:
We also need to clear up something else....this thread is about DEEP Frying....not pan frying....

You need gallons of oil not a cup...you need a large propane tank....not a stove....this ain't no sissie stuff here ladies....this is man's fryin'....

Two Thanksgivings ago my nephew in law deep fried the turkey. It was delicious. Last year he fried it and left it too long, we had turkey jerky. :rolleyes:

Motokid said:

If you can do it on the stove without involving the local fire authorities, it ain't for this thread!

If you can lift the oil container with one hand, it ain't for this thread!

If the oil is set to anything other than 375 degress plus, it ain't for this thread.

If the fryer isn't deep enough to completely cover a calf's head,
you guessed it,
it ain't for this thread!

back atcha, MK!

Miss Shelf said:
I suppose you guys have spit into the fryer (or worse) to see if it would fry. :rolleyes:

You have to do "something" to check the temperature!

Can't go plopping chicken wings in luke-warm oil.

Well, that clinches it-I won't be coming to your house for dinner. Unless I'm hungry and drunk and don't care what I eat as long as it's edible. :p

375+ degrees kills anything and everything, germ and bacteria wise....no need to fear anything we might dip into that cooker.....

Miss Shelf said:
Well, that clinches it-I won't be coming to your house for dinner. Unless I'm hungry and drunk and don't care what I eat as long as it's edible. :p

Whadda ya worried about? The heat kills the germs.

[edit: do great minds think alike, or what!?]

Back