• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Deep Fryers

you are gross. Both of you. I will not be eating any small lumps of anything-I'll stick with large identifiable items. :p

Miss Shelf said:
you are gross. Both of you. I will not be eating any small lumps of anything-I'll stick with large identifiable items. :p

I'm sure leckert and I can supply some large identifiable items......

I didn't fall off a potato truck yesterday morning, ya know. I know the difference between a weiner and a hot dog. ;)

Miss Shelf said:
I didn't fall off a potato truck yesterday morning, ya know. I know the difference between a weiner and a hot dog. ;)

Even when it's batter-dipped and golden brown?

Miss Shelf said:

And I always thought it was the turnip truck that folks were prone to falling off of?

(potato truck? Must be from Idaho?)

I was talking chicken, mushrooms, and onion rings all dipped in a wonderful beer-batter.....I've no idea where all this hotdog/weiner stuff is coming from.....that's sick.....

When my dad fried turkey, he never used a thermometer. He used cloves of garlic. It was kinda funny to watch him. He'd stand by the pot with a head of garlic and periodically peel off a clove and drop it in. When one would sink down to the bottom of the pot and immediately rise back up to the top, the oil was hot enough.

Motokid said:
I was talking chicken, mushrooms, and onion rings all dipped in a wonderful beer-batter.....I've no idea where all this hotdog/weiner stuff is coming from.....that's sick.....

I could tell the difference between a mushroom and an onion ring.

cajunmama said:
When my dad fried turkey, he never used a thermometer. He used cloves of garlic. It was kinda funny to watch him. He'd stand by the pot with a head of garlic and periodically peel off a clove and drop it in. When one would sink down to the bottom of the pot and immediately rise back up to the top, the oil was hot enough.

That's pretty cool.

What happened to all the fried cloves of garlic?

All that precious, sweet garlic lost? I hope not!

leckert said:
That's pretty cool.

What happened to all the fried cloves of garlic?

All that precious, sweet garlic lost? I hope not!
He'd fish them out and let my hubby eat them.

*sigh*
My hubby loves garlic. My dad liked my hubby and so felt the need to indulge him. One time we were at my dad's eating boiled crabs and Dad had put three heads of garlic in with the crabs and my husband found and ate all three. I shall repeat myself. MY HUSBAND ATE THREE WHOLE HEADS OF GARLIC AT ONE SITTING!!!! I did not sleep in the same room with him for three days and did not kiss him for two weeks.

leckert said:
And I always thought it was the turnip truck that folks were prone to falling off of?

Yum, potatoes! I love potatoes! :) (smilies won't work for me again)

Do you own a deep fryer? We have two
What is your favorite thing to fry? shrimp tempura (This one time we did tempura-everything... onions, cucumber, broccoli... it was great)
Did you buy it yourself, or was it a gift? My boyfriend already had one... and I found one at my mother's house.
How often do you use it? At least once a month.

(nothing strange or dangerous -although I freak out every now & then 'coz i don't want oil spitting at me)

I do have a deep fryer and use it to make chips and onion rings!
It gets used about twice a week!

leckert said:

I've always thought it was the hay wagon, atleast y'all had trucks.

You can deep fry a whole turkey :eek: does it cook all the way through?

Do you own a deep fryer? Yes, it's a fancy one with lots of temperatures and a basket. I think it holds four or five cups of oil.

What is your favorite thing to fry? Bananna Fritters

What is the strangest thing you have fried? Lots of stuff. I make pickles, ice cream (you can do it without the egg, just form the balls with soft ice cream, roll in cornflakes and put back in the freezer for a few hours till rock hard), and I'll tempura just about anything.

What was the most dangerous thing you have fried? Probably the peanut butter tempura. Although, it sounds from leckert's report that the ice cream can be quite deadly.

Did you buy it yourself, or was it a gift? Tom got it for me for Christmas because I begged for one.

How often do you use it? A lot. Tom and I make really good fresh french fries which are in high demand at work. That thing gets toted into work at least once a month. At home usually once a week.

Back